Bar Coding

BASSMTN1

Does anyone know of a way to use a Data Matrix Font for bar coding. I know JDE XE supports code 39.

Oneworld support truetype barcode fonts to PostScript printers, and barcode fonts to PCL printers if you have a compatible downloadable saoftfont.

If a "Data Matrix font" is one of the above, then yes. If you are referring to the Data Matrix brand printers that speak the DPL (Data Matrix Printer Language), then no, as OneWorld doesn't directly support DPL as an output printing language.

One of JDE's output partners might, though. Try Create!Form, or FormScape, or Optio, or eResolutions/JetForm. There might be others, those are the ones I know about.

If you are on a UNIX, you could print to a lineprinter text file tagging your data, and in the LINE_PRINTER shell script, use sed or awk to figure out the report and version name, and then process your own tagged text into the DPL printing language.

If you aren't on a UNIX, there is no hook like this in the JDE print stream.

I personally have not programmed interfaces to any DPL printers, but I have read throught the DPL programmer's manual on their website. It looks likie a variant of Epson ESC/P might with PCL printer languages. Anyway, good luck...

Back