E9.2 TASK Search

CNC_Beth

Is there a way to limit people from searching ALL task ids to only the task ids in their menus?
We have users searching for applications in the task search bar but choosing task ids they should not use, that are not in their menus.

I may be wrong, but I thought that was the purpose of the Task Search Build process, so it could be the users aren't really excluded from their menus? Though it looks like there's some bugs according to doc id 2279978.1.

TFZ, did you mean to say "excluded from their menu." I want them to keep access to task ids related to their menus, but exclude the task ids NOT in their menus. Do you know if that is possible?

So something caught my eye in the doc you provided. "The Task Search feature enables the end user to search for tasks within the menus for which the user has access. Honoring menu filtering as well as security through the security workbench." This is the exact issue we are having. A user is capable of getting to a application version that is NOT in their menus. Does this feature require version level security to go with it? Anyone know?

So something caught my eye in the doc you provided. "The Task Search feature enables the end user to search for tasks within the menus for which the user has access. Honoring menu filtering as well as security through the security workbench." This is the exact issue we are having. A user is capable of getting to a application version that is NOT in their menus. Does this feature require version level security to go with it? Anyone know?
What's your Tools Release version and how is your security set up? As in do you deny all at *PUBLIC level and then grant back to roles etc.

So the way I thought it worked was it built a search around your roles / task views / whatever and stored it in F90012/F90013. Could it be your roles aren't built all the way (app is P90013 and you can rebuild the task stuff). There was a time when this would crash all over the place and put strain on a system due to security complexity, but I think they moved the processing of it from the web to the Ent server. Maybe try rebuilding? Unfortunately, that's about all I have to offer on the topic.

So the way I thought it worked was it built a search around your roles / task views / whatever and stored it in F90012/F90013. Could it be your roles aren't built all the way (app is P90013 and you can rebuild the task stuff). There was a time when this would crash all over the place and put strain on a system due to security complexity, but I think they moved the processing of it from the web to the Ent server. Maybe try rebuilding? Unfortunately, that's about all I have to offer on the topic.
That's exactly where i wanted to got. When the whole rebuilding process was moved towards the enterprise server it became a lot more realiable imho.

Back