B9 SP3 - Debug Application Fails

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi List,

E1 8.9 - SP 3 - Win 2000:
Starting Debug Application (debugger.exe) pops up a runtime error window: "Program: C:\B9\system\bin32\LaunchJVM.exe - abnormal program termination". Pressing the OK on that window, the debugger hangs.
Starting the EXE alone pops up the same window.

I found an SAR "7007379 LaunchJVM setting not used System", but its status is "PROD/JDF Test or Review".

Please, check the message and SAR in the attachment.

Any help, how to run debugger will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Zoltán

Attachments

• 77030-debug_appl_error.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 110
Based on your recent posts, I assume the machine your having this problem with has XE and 8.9 installed. This may be a long shot, but you could try to rearrange the order of your "path" environment variables so that the [drive]:/B9 variables where listed before the B7 variables. To get to environment variables, right click on "My Computer" and select properties. On the advanced tab, select the "Environment Variables" button. In the second half of the form select the path variable and press Edit. Each variable is seperated by a semicolon. Move all the variables that reference a B7 folder to the end. Assuming debugger.exe uses the registry the way the SAR says it should, I would guess XE's dubugger would work with this configuration. I don't know if this would break anything else in XE though, but if it does you can always rearrange your variables whenever you have a problem.

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your hints.
I have edited the environment variable, checked the path after this - but untfortunately this did not help.

SAR# 7007379 is already in Completed status, but I was able to figure out and/or locate, what fixes do we need to correct this bug.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

Any chance you can provide the fixes? I am having the same issue.

db

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, I haven't found the fixes up to now.

What is your B9 (8.9?) configuration?

I have found an other document on the PSFT pages.
Solution ID: 200824480

The error reported by the document does not occurs when starting the debugger, but the error is exactly the same.

The doc advise to enter some registry entry, creating a .reg file end import into the registry and reinstall 8.10 standalone.

I have created the .reg and import it.
I re-started the workstation, but the error still exists.

Next step is to re-install the fat client (and pray).

Regards,

Zoltán

Good, it is not at all.
In the new one 8.11 be reread, you do not even have the possibility of using the debug

Hi Zoltan - I DID find the fix (a fix for me, anyway).

Check to see if the following folder exists (or is empty):
C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\JRE\

I used BeyondCompare to compare my machine against a machine that was
working correctly - and found that the ..\JRE\ folder was empty. I
copied the files/sub-folders to my machine's location - and all is
well.

I'd guess that you might be running into the same issue?

db
--

Hi Jon,

Welcome aboard.

What do you exactly mean "you do not even have the possibility of using the debug"?

Does Debugger.exe not exist in system/bin32 folder?

By the way, can you use FDA, RDA and the other development tools in 8.11?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan - I DID find the fix (a fix for me, anyway).

Check to see if the following folder exists (or is empty):
C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\JRE\

I used BeyondCompare to compare my machine against a machine that was
working correctly - and found that the ..\JRE\ folder was empty. I
copied the files/sub-folders to my machine's location - and all is
well.

I'd guess that you might be running into the same issue?

db
--
----------------------------------------
Daniel Bohner
ExistingLight, LLC
http://www.existinglight.net
[email protected]
mobile: 208.250.1917
fax: 208.246.3425
----------------------------------------

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot to figure out this solution.

We did the re-instal too - without succes.
We noticed, that the debugger works on 8.9 Demo Junior (although with lower SP level and ESU/ASU level). We tried to play a bit with the registry difference - without success.

On FAT client, we have the "C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\" folder, but it is totally empty.
Now, I checked the Demo machine, but there isn't any "C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\" folder unfortunately.

Is it too big request to you, to Zip the contents of "C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\" folder and send me via e-mail?
I would be very thankful for to do so.

Regards,

Zoltán

We put one of the calls into PeopleSoft on this issue.
This is what they replied with. To my knowledge, this resolved the issue.

1. Delete OneWorld using snapshot (drag and drop the snapshot.exe to the
desktop before deleting)
2. Delete MSSoap (C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap)
3. Remove the following registry entries using regedit (search for the
dll names for b & c)
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/jdedwards/bpmbroker
b.
KEY_CLASS_ROOT\CLSID\853284CF-3CA7-44D4-8B8C-0B8330D29996\inprocService32 = C:\B9\system\Bin32\WinUbeDbgService.dll
c.
KEY_CLASS_ROOT\CLSID\349239CB-8FDD-4FDF-BDEA-280F7652ECD2\inprocService32 = C:\B9\system\Bin32\DebuggerService.dll
4. Reinstall OneWorld.

We suspect this issue is result of non-clean overlay to the 89 SP2 registry/ms soap files where the new files were not being written because the files already existed.

Hi Gilmore,

Thanks for your response.

I checked my two machine.
I haven't any MSSoap folder on the machine, where I have only XE clients.

I have this folder on the machine, where I have XE and 8.9 clients.
My 8.9 client was the first after XE, what I had installed.
The time-stamp of the folder and its subfolder is the same, when I installed the 8.9 client, BUT the files under the folder have a seemingly very old time-stamp: June of 2001.

Would you be so kind to check the time-stamps of your files and let us know?

Thanks in advance!

Zoltán

Hi Gilmore,

Thanks the response.
We have the same.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi,

One trouble solved, one remained.

The starting scenario:

1.) Starting debugger brought up immediately an error message window:
Runtime error!
Program: C:\b9\system\bin32\LauchJVM.exe
abnormal program termination

2.) The debugger window freezed for some 1 or 2 minutes and brought up an other error message window:
CreateService failed. Unable to continue.
Clicking the OK on the message, the debugger window also exited.

The history:

1.) I found SAR# 7007379 with similar problem(1), with completed status, but without fix designation.

2.) I found Solution ID 200824480 with similar error(1). I followed the instruction, but it did not solved the problem.

3.) Daniel Bohner told, that he was able to fix the problem. The content of C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\ folder was empty. He found an other machine, where the content exist. Copying the file onto the client solved the issue.

4.) b_gilmore told, they received a white-paper, which solved the problem. I checked the contents of C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap and it seemed, that the content is identical with Gilmore's folder, so I focused to Daniel's solution.

5.) We noticed, that debugger runs on Demo Junior, but we did not find the C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\ folder on that machine at all.

6.) I found bpmsetup.exe in the \B9\OneWorld Client Install\ThirdParty\BPMBroker folder on the deployment server. I ran the setup, but it did not populate the folder.

7.) I found a machine, where the contents exist. Copying the files onto my machine solved the problem(1), but problem(2) remained.

8.) I found Soltion ID 200825696 document, which reported exactly problem(2). I applied the described solution, registering DebuggerService.dll, but did not solved the problem(2).

9.) I found Soltion ID 200944226 document, which reports exactly problem(1). I just noticed, that it is the same, that b_gilmore described. I followed the instructions and the re-install populated the folder. Problem(2) still remained. Applied 8. again, rebooted the machine, but problem(2) remained.

Exuse me this long post, but maybe somebody else will find it useful in the future.

At this point, I would like to thank the assistance to all of you.

I close this issue here, and will open a new one for problem(2).

Regards,

Zoltán

Back