• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Cant open C++ to view or edit BSFN

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
I am running XE SP24.21 on Windows 7 64 Bit, using Visual C++ 6 sp3. I can build BSFN's but when I try to edit / view a C BSFN I get theses errors as C++ open.

Pop-up #1
E:\Program
File not found
Please Verify that the path and file name are correct

Pop-up #2
Files
File not found

Pop-up #3
(x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\source\B4700230.c
File not found

..then it repeats for the B4700230.h Eventually Visual C++ open with an empty window

It seems like there must be somewhere that I need to add "'s around the path string, but I don't know where.

Here is my environment Variables
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Roaming
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
HOMEPATH=\LOCALAPPDATA=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Local
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card;;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Shared;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\bin32";"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\bin32";"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\DV7333\bin32";
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=2a07
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=E:\Users\walsham\AppData\Local\Temp
VS90COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\
windir=C:\Windows
windows_tracing_flags=3
windows_tracing_logfile=C:\BVTBin\Tests\installpackage\csilogfile.log

Here is my JDE.INI File
[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Optimize
INCLUDES=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;E:\Program Files 86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\include;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\cg;$(APP)\include;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\includev
LIBS=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\libv32
MAKEDIR=E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin
USER=JDEOW
VisualStudioVersion=6

Any Idea's?

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
As a work around, I modified the B9800380 to add in the quotes around the paths.

Here is the original code:
sprintf(szSourcePath, "%s\\%s", szAppPath, SOURCE_DIR);
sprintf(szIncludePath, "%s\\%s", szAppPath, INCLUDE_DIR);
sprintf(szActivConsole, "%s\\%s", szSysPath, BIN32_ACTIVCONSOLE);

and with the fix:
sprintf(szSourcePath, "\"%s\\%s\"", szAppPath, SOURCE_DIR);
sprintf(szIncludePath, "\"%s\\%s\"", szAppPath, INCLUDE_DIR);
sprintf(szActivConsole, "\"%s\\%s\"", szSysPath, BIN32_ACTIVCONSOLE);

The Extra /" adds and double quote to the beginning and end of the string, The / is the escape char for the ".

I still don't like that I had to do this, so understanding how the jdeGetEnvironmentPaths gets the szAppPath would still be good to know.

Aaron

JMR

VIP Member
the AppPath is retrieved from the jde.ini in the [INSTALL] section. Since B9, the entry is B9=. I see you're on Xe, so that entry may be B7= (or something similar).

Now that won't change your dilemma. I think what you did is probably the best fix you've got. Personally, I've never seen E1 installs done anywhere other than the root folder (ie E:\B7).

Allowing for the possibility of spaces in the folder path should have been handled by JDE/Oracle ... which you've done with your change.

--047d7bdc96c8e9d11c04fa9e87d5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Check the VisualStudioVersion , I see that you have 6 in the jde.ini , go
to regconfig and compare if same version their .

n
s
System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
m
ft
ram
ase++remove+this+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+
--047d7bdc96c8e9d11c04fa9e87d5
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Check the VisualStudioVersion , I see that you have 6 in the jde.ini , go to regconfig and compare if same version their .</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 29 May 2014 21:50, "amwalshjde" &lt ;<a href=3D"mailto:walsh@arescg.com">walsh@arescg.com</a>> wrote:<br typ 8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I am running XE SP24.21 on Windows 7 64 Bit, using Visual C++ 6 sp3. I can build BSFN's but when I try to edit / view a C BSFN I get theses error s as C++ open.

Pop-up #1
E:\Program
File not found
Please V erify that the path and file name are correct

file name are correct

Pop-up #3
(x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\source are correct

an empty window

It seems like there must be somewhere that I need to add "'s around the path string, but I don't know where.

ram Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=3DC:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files

CommonProgramW6432=3DC:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec=3DC:\Windows\ s (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card; ;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System3 2\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapA PI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x 86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EV Client\;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Shared;E:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\;E: \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x 86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Fil es (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;E:\Program Files (x86)\Micros oft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\ 100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\ID E\PrivateAssemblies\;"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\bin32 ";"E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\bin32";"E :\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\DV7333\bin32";

Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=3D6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=3D2a0 ProgramFiles=3DC:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=3DC:\Program Files (x8 S=3DC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\
wi LIBDIR=3DE:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
TPLNAME icrosoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;E:\Program Files 86)\JDEdwards\B7\syste m\include;E:\Program Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\cg;$(APP)\include;E:\P rogram Files (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\includev

LIBS=3DE:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;E:\Program F iles (x86)\JDEdwards\B7\system\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;E:\Program Files (x86)\JD al Studio\VC98\bin;E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MS ld Xe SP22 AS/400 V5R2
p;Board=3DOWDEV&Number=3D188024" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELIST threa out the <a href=3D"http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board =3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities forum</a></td>
<font face=3D"Verdana, Arial" size=3D"-2">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=C2=AE To unsubscribe from this list via email, <a href=3D"mailto:+jdeowdev_remove @jdelist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+thi s+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+List.

Than k+You." target=3D"_blank">Click here</a>.

--047d7bdc96c8e9d11c04fa9e87d5--