Automatic Package Installs

gesbos1

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the best way to automatically deploy and install packages on client/citrix workstations.
I've been goofing around with the Client Listener because I thought this would do the job.
I installed the listener on a test workstation and the service started fine. I went and deployed a package to the test client and checked the "Enable Push Installation."
I set it to install in 5 minutes. I stayed logged into the test workstation to see if I could see the install, but nothing. After 20 minutes I signed into JDE and it took me to the Scheduled Packages screen.
What am I doing wrong? How can I automate package installs?

first do you use a mandatory installation ?
if the trouble persists, you could find some bat to deploy on the download forum of the list.

gesbos1,

We use a script that runs \\DeploymentServer\B7333\OneWorld Client Install\setup.exe on the command line. The package has to be approved. Have a look at Solution Id 200783264.

Here is the Resolution on the document which is most of the document anywy - it's not that long. I hope it will help:

To install the package from the command line, the syntax is as follows:

"\\<deployment server>\B733\OneWorld Client Install\Setup.exe" -d <drive letter>:\b7 -p <package> -v -e H -t

Where <deployment server> is the name of the deployment server. <drive letter> is the workstations drive that OneWorld is to be or already installed on. And <package> is the name of the package to be installed.

Parameter details are:
-v or -s, v is for verbose installation, s is for silent. Determines whether or not it will be shown on the screen.

-d <drive> d is for the drive and path for the OneWorld installation

-p <package> p will allow selection of which package to install.

-t or -c, t for Typical to install development objects or c for compact to not install development objects. If not specified, development objects are installed.

-r to remove the previous installation

-e to generate error log. H - all; I - informational; W warnings; E - errors.

One cautionary note - Having installed packages both ways on a Citrix box - it has been PeopleSoft's recommendation to not push a package to a MFrame, instead use the Add/Remove through windows to install it on the server. The package push is more for local installs to make sure that they know that there is a package for them to take.

I believe that the script provided in one of the responses will work just the same. But I have seen where I have pushed to a MFrame and signed in repeatidly looking for the popup installer, and it never happened.

Hi all,

I see this thread switched gears a little bit. Great info nontheless.

Has anyone successfully gotten the automatic installation using Listener to work? I'd be interested to know what I'm going wrong. Basically I am doing everything that gesbos1 did.

Cheers.
confused.gif

Back