automated tools for performance testing and Scripts for integration testing

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hi There,

I am looking into tools which I can use performance testing ( e1 on the web) and create scripts for integration testing etc.

What are the tools availabe which people are using

Jaise

I think JDE used to sell a scripting tool, but it was pretty pricy. I'm remembering around $50,000. I could be wrong.

Patty

How about this - we licensed AutoPilot four or five years ago....but no one took the time to learn how to use it! Now we're looking at an alternative solution for even more money.
tongue.gif

Mercury's LoadRunner is popular. JDE did have Autopilot, but like others said, was pricey and pretty difficult to configure and keep working.

We use a tool called QArun for load testing and BMC patrol for monitoring server stats like user load, memeory management, unusual amounts of logged errors, etc.

Give The iConsortium a call - we have an automated testing application called Rapidfire for Citrix use, and a web based application that we hope to unveil soon for a fraction of the cost of Autopilot - and get this, creating scripts is not only a dream - but a pleasure ! Its also good for stress testing, taking any script and multiplying it out for thousands of users !

I've used the web stress tool at one customer already to stress test Linux JAS Servers, and believe me, you don't want to mess around with Autopilot or Loadrunner to do customer testing.

Charles,
If it makes you feel better - we did the same thing with Autopilot. We went as far as creating a single script so we had the repository and everything set up and then it went nowhere from there. I heard of an 'auto record' in 8.9 and above but have not heard of anyone using it. I understand that Oracle themselves use LoadRunner.

We have since bought Mercury LoadRunner which works well on the web client but setting up scripts for the Terminal Servers Windows environments is a pain. We had to do this because we had to prove that the Web client was faster to get our users to move to it.

We have really only used it for performance tuning, not automated testing as we have fallen into the same Autopilot trap - no ownership, no resources to learn and own it.

So whatever tool you get - you have ensure that you have someone with the time and energy to learn it, teach others, keep it up to date, etc.

Sue Shaw
Xe SP23i1 Coexistent iSeries V5R3

Back