Automated Testing Tools Advice Required?

rjcrock

I am a BA preparing to migrate our manufacturing system from Prism ERP to JDE 9.1. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with automated testing tools. Will such a tool help or hinder me in this project. If you think it will help, what tool would you recommend? Hooks to other systems include MS SQL, SIMATIC IT XFP – MES Oracle on Linux, StarLIMS, Peoplesoft HR, PLCs, Kronos, a legacy sterilization sytem, Hemo Bar code lables etc.

You will spend more time BUILDING the test scenarios than you would just executing the test cases directly in the ERP.

However, if you have a long term company goal of being able to automate testing (for major ESUs, upgrades, etc.), then a time like this might be the right one to swallow the cost (time, money and effort) for the setup of the cases/etc. in the automated test app as it could save you lots of time down the road.

Oracle ATS is the system you need. It provides scripts for standard JDE apps too and it's very easy to use.

I think test automation is very important, you do it once and run forever. JDE is a software and should be managed like a software. It's true that automated test requires a lot of effort but more time you spend in automation more time you will save in execution and web applications (Interactive Applications) are easy to automate.

I found many sites avoiding testing automation but, in my opinion, just because they don't know what testing automation really is an how many times can save.

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Back