Are event rules in EnterpriseOne different than OneWorld XE?

David Tremain

We are looking to use the PeopleSoft Now! program to upgrade to EnterpriseOne 8.10, and have not been able to find anyone (PeopleSoft included) that can give us an answer to this simple question:

Are there syntax changes between OneWorld event rules and EnterpriseOne event rules? If so, is there anything that tells you what the changes are?

From the forum and other reading, it sounds like the format the applications / reports are stored in has changed.

Also, are the development tools basically the same?

PeopleSoft wants to spend one week teaching us the new ER-Compare tool, and the form compare tool. Is this reasonable, or can competent OneWorld XE developers pick up this information in a much shorter time. (We really don't need instruction on how to click a button, which seems to be the level of JDE documentation.)

The development tools behave basically the same. While there are changes in the tools, they are largely intuitive and/or welcomed improvements. I had no training in the new tools and took to them immediately.

While I haven't used ER Compare very much, my CNC guy and another developer have both used it extensively. None of us required any training nor do we understand why anyone would need training.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by syntax changes (I understand what syntax is, just not sure how you mean it in this context), but I will tell you that most of our custom ER came over without any problems. In a few cases we had some variables that got "wacked out", but it was easy to fix those few cases.

FWIW, it has been a painless transition so far from Xe to 8.10. Hope this helps

Generally, there are net change documents available. If you are talking about custom objects such as interactive or batch programs that have ER programming then this is a question that the Enterprise One tools group can answer, they are supporting the latest tools. In an upgrade process the code is replace for existing programs.

I know people, developers, that work at PeopleSoft and I have asked the question, "Have the programming tools change dramatically". The answer I have got was, "No". I

If you use ER compare now I might suggest looking at it with the new release once you have your new release installed and judge for yourself how dramitically different it is. ER Compare on XE was a no brainer to learn how to use; no training required. I can only speak for myself but I think XE ER compare is easy.

I personally do not know yet, if there is a change to spec files where reports and interactive applications are stored. I do know, from conversations with PeopleSoft, that the spec files were cleaned up decreasing the size of the spec files dramatically. Hope this helps and Good Luck

--
Senior Technical Consultant
17611 E. Tennessee Pl.
Aurora, CO 80017
Work 303-337-1906
Cell 303-885-1405
Fax 303-306-1800

Hi,
I dont think there is much of a difference between the two only some cosmetic changes thats all.All the functionality is same as it was in the earlier versions.

Thanx & Regards
Jiju

Generally speaking there SHOULD be a net change document.... However, the fact is that it unfortunately doesn't exist. For the Xe to 8.x upgrade, it "fell through the cracks". It's been a sore subject with us, especially with the functional folks on our team, since we've had to do a lot of extra work as a result of this lack of documentation.

Hi William,

These net change docs are exist, just not too easy to locate them on the "amazing" PSFT site.

Check the Solution ID# 200945493, which describes, how to access Net Change documents.

I haven't tried that, because I was able to locate it in my own way, that I unfortunatelly can not reproduce currently.

Regards,

Zoltán

Click Support
Click Documentation
Click Documentation Updates
Click EntepriseOne
Click All Product Lines
Click All Products.
They are now called Prerelease Notes and Release Notes.

Regards

Reddy

OneWorld XE SP20 P1 Upd4, HP9000,Oracle

Re: RE: Are event rules in EnterpriseOne different than OneWorld XE?

I apologize, I wasn't specific enough. The original post referenced 8.10 and my signature line shows we are migrating to 8.10, but I didn't specify 8.10 in my post. Thanks for the links, however, there isn't an 8.10 net change document. There are 8.9 and 8.11 but not 8.10 net change documents. We have asked a large number of people for this; both consultants we know and PeopleSoft employees, no one we have talked to knows of the document.

Am I and the rest of our team missing something?

Back