AR Cash

Jeff73

Well Known Member
Hey List,

I have two questions related to the cash receipt application:

1- every time the user calls an invoice to apply cash, the discount column gets populated even when the system is set up to allow discounts only when payment is received within a certain time window. Is there a way to have the system automatically show 0 in the discount field if the invoice is overdue?

2- when the user enters payments, gets out of the batch, gets back into the same batch and tries to enter a SHORT payment, the system asks for a reason code and doesn't allow that. However, I had another user do so and it worked. So I believe that's a security issue, but I don't know what exactly.

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
J.

Jeff,
As to the discount, look at your AR settings and entry processing options. One or both may allow discounts after the due date (grace period). You can change the grace calculation in the data dictionary by changing the grace days. For the short payment, you most likely have an automatic adjustemt processing option set for minor adjustments.
Jeff73 <[email protected]> wrote:Hey List,I have two questions related to the cash receipt application:1- every time the user calls an invoice to apply cash, the discount column gets populated even when the system is set up to allow discounts only when payment is received within a certain time window. Is there a way to have the system automatically show 0 in the discount field if the invoice is overdue?2- when the user enters payments, gets out of the batch, gets back into the same batch and tries to enter a SHORT payment, the system asks for a reason code and doesn't allow that. However, I had another user do so and it worked. So I believe that's a security issue, but I don't know what exactly.Your help will be much appreciated.Thanks,J.
A7.3 Cume 11
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=51959
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

World, OW B733X and Xe

Thanks Mike for your help.

What you said about the grace period sounds interesting. I examined AR constants, payment terms... etc, as well as P03103 processing options and couldn't see anything that'd allow discounts after the disc. due date. As to the DD, I looked up the grace period days item, but couldn't see anywhere where one can change any calculation? Maybe there's something I'm missing...

Thanks,
J.

Jeff,
If you look at the default value for the grace day DD item,it should be a number (5, 6, ...). Simply change the default value and the calculation will change. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an A73 system to check or test the discount processing. I'm pulling information from memory. And it's been a long time (4 plus years).
Jeff73 <[email protected]> wrote:Thanks Mike for your help.What you said about the grace period sounds interesting. I examined AR constants, payment terms... etc, as well as P03103 processing options and couldn't see anything that'd allow discounts after the disc. due date. As to the DD, I looked up the grace period days item, but couldn't see anywhere where one can change any calculation? Maybe there's something I'm missing...Thanks,J.
A7.3 Cume 11
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=52034
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

World, OW B733X and Xe

Back