Annoying "Feature"

Bill Dotson

Reputable Poster
Annoying \"Feature\"

Yesterday I did a search for "xmlcallobject" while trying to find some information about how to correctly configure JDE.INI to use this kernel. Unfortunately, on the result pages that I got, everywhere the matching search term was found was replaced with exactly what I had typed for my search. Thus, the setting in the INI file looked like:

dispatchDLLFunction=xmlcallobjectDispatch

But what was actually in the original post was this:

dispatchDLLFunction=XMLCallObjectDispatch

This resulted in a bit of a problem. This morning I was able to relocate the response, but without using the search tool, just so I could see the response in the correct case.

Isn't there another way to highlight search terms, like maybe changing the font color or the background color, or just making the match bold, without replacing the whole thing with the typed search term?

In this case, I couldn't possibly have known in advance what the correct case should have been, but having the search matches displayed incorrectly was not the least bit helpful.

And while I'm at it, why in the heck can't JDE ignore case in INI files? Seems pretty simple to me, but heck, I've only been in IT for 25 years.

Re: Annoying \"Feature\"

This should be a pretty easy fix. We'll look into it.

Re: Annoying \"Feature\"

This has been fixed. Please advise if otherwise. Thanks for letting us know.

Back