Advanced Warehousing Subsystems

ShrinkMe

In JD Edwards OneWorld Xe, Advanced Warehousing, B7333: Does anybody know about the runaway subsystem bug with R46171? Is it corrected in later versions? Does Oracle know about it? Do they say it's been fixed?

Any information would be much appreciated.

I have had this issue happen at two clients now, so I have to believe that somebody knows about it. In my experience, it seems to only happen until Xe, then it's fixed in the 8's. Oracle is not supporting Xe any longer so it's hard to see what's been fixed.

I am a JDE E1 technical developer and I have a solution for this problem. I would prefer to give it privately though.

We have an issue at my site with R46171 running out of cache
We restart it everyday I think.

We also have issues with R46171 running on multiple queues. You need to ensure ALL versions of R46171 (plus the UBEs that launch the SBS)all run on the same single threaded queue

Do you have a bug number?

Sorry for not responding quickly... By runaway, I mean when the R46171 subsystem runs over all picking requests at status 200, or all replenishments, etc. In Xe, a null record is passed to the subsystem (a bug) and the subsystem runs wide open over all instead of limiting to one request batch.

I hear in the newest version of JDE... the one just out... they are having a similar issue with R46171 where they get bad data into the subsystem.

I don't think you can run in a single-threaded job queue if you run multiple subsystem versions because only one would run. Yell at me if I'm wrong about that.

Did I miss anything?

The SAR # I was looking at is 8927614, but they must still be having problems at JDE E1 9+.

We also restart subsystems daily so we only have this issue every 3 or 4 months with replenishments as client cancels replen suggestions and leaves requests at status 200.

Back