Advanced Pricing Integration

sanjayanand

We have a custom web-based order entry system that needs to (in real-time) get advanced pricing information from the JDE system running on a separate server and then incorporate it into the order on the web-based system so that users entering the order there can see the correct pricing information that incorporates all the discounts etc. Invoking the Advanced Pricing (system 45) business functions takes a very long time since they seem to do more database accesses and run a logic more complex than is required for our purposes. How can one reduce the amount of time it takes to run the advanced pricing logic in JDE by invoking it from the other system (web-based order entry system). We don't want to have to rewrite the whole Advanced Pricing logic and data in the web-based order entry system! Any suggestions? You can get as techincal/functional as you feel is necessary to explain your ideas/suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help!

- Sanjay

Don't know Sanjay,
Perhaps moving it to something onshore would help response time.
Dave

Thank you, Dave, for your suggestion. We actually do most of our work onshore, but that doesn't seem to help the performance. In the future, don't be so presumptuous.

While your racist sarcasm is not appreciated, I can empathize with your situation and I can understand your frustration, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the inevitable.

Regards,
Sanjay

Sanjay,
You poor little man.
If it was not clear in the last message I was suggesting getting the servers closer to the users to avoid latency problems that might be affecting your performance.
Just an idea.
Dave

Dear Dave,

In my post there was no mention of servers, distance, offshore or latency. So I am not sure where you are getting all that from. Like I said, you might be being presumptuous.

I am unsure of your intentions in this post (even though others wholeheartedly agree with my assessment of you), and therefore I will give you the benefit of doubt and let's drop this discussion right here.

Poor little man,
Sanjay

Back