Address Book Alternative Description

Cam

I have a requirement to display/store an alternative description for mailing name and city for english and foreign langugae format. the item master has a method of doing this and storing in F4101D. There does not seem to be the same functionality for the address book. I guess the one method would be to store an alternative address in F01161, but this does not show on the screen when adding a new address, many steps to go through to get to alternative address. Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Cam

ok, I did find that if you set the special handling code on the language preference UDC (01/LP) for the specified language to a "2" or a "3", an alternate description field will be displayed for Mailing Name and Alpha Name. So this gets me closer, but does anyone know what else setting this special handling code on does ? What is the difference between a "2" or a "3" ? Still looking for other ideas as well.

Thanks!!

To activate, the alternate language description for the address book and
who's who, you need to add in UDC 01/LP, for the language code you want to
use it, the special handling code 3. Normally the special handling code is
present by default for the Japanese language code.

Guy Robert
Syntax.Net

Thanks Guy,

Do you know if changing the special handling code to a 3 does anything else besides turn on these alternate descriptions ? I want to turn on for all languages so that if an English user is in the system, they will see both descriptions as well.

Thanks,

We have not noticed any other side effect of activating the second
description when we activated this feature in non double bite languages.
You would still need to test this feature in a controlled environment with
your business processes and your version.

Guy Robert
Syntax.Net

Back