Adding Index to the F0911

Ryan,

integrity was maintained. We did not experience any corruption. First, I went through the whole procedure in development. After doing many tests, spot checks and index counts, I attacked the production environment during off hours. Everything went well. I wish you the same.

Jim (or others),

What OS400 level are you on and are you running co-existence?
The statement below didn't work for me even after changing the "." to a "/" in STRSQL session. We're on V4R5 and the statement below returns zero rows. DSPDBR shows many F0911 logicals. Is it possible this file contains only OW indexes not the World logicals? or perhaps it is OS400 version dependent?

SELECT index_name FROM qsys2.sysindexes WHERE table_schema = 'PRODDTA' AND table_name = 'F0911'

The second Select statement for the F98712 does work and gives me a list, so if I could get the first one to work I will be on my way to identifying and then creating the missing indexes.

Thanks for sharing.

V5R1 in Coexistence. I use the Ops Navigator since we don't have the SQL software on the AS400.

Anyways, if there are no 'true' indexes on the F0911, this statement will always return 0 rows. It will only return the OneWorld indexes (those that end in _n), it will not return the logicals. The second larger SQL statement using the NOT IN should pick this up and report the F0911 as not having the proper OneWorld indexes.

Before I ran the OMW index on the F0911, I got 0 rows too for the SQL statement:

SELECT index_name FROM qsys2.sysindexes WHERE table_schema = 'yourdatalib' AND table_name = 'F0911'

Now I get 26 rows.

Before I ran the DSPDBR on the F0911, I would get 53 logicals showing.

Now after creating the F0911 indexes in OMW, I get 77 dependents on the file (51 logicals + 26 Oneworld).

>>DSPDBR shows many F0911 logicals. Is it possible this file
>>contains only OW indexes not the World logicals? or perhaps
>>it is OS400 version dependent?

DSPDBR will only show the logicals until you run the index creation then you'll see the _1 files also so I don't think it's version dependent.

---------------------------------------------
** Anyone - Help **

My question is how can I run the SQL statement in Ops Navigator pointing to the OneWorld Central Objects datasource so I can run the second larger SQL statement?
---------------------------------------------

Grant

Soyer,

we are on V5R1. If you read my previous post again, you will see that we are NOT coexistence. The fact that we were missing OneWorld indexes was the result of the scripts used to migrate from World to OneWorld. Re-read my previous post for more details. The statement: SELECT index_name FROM qsys2/sysindexes WHERE table_schema = 'PRODDTA' AND table_name = 'F0911' works just fine using STRSQL on V5R1... maybe there is some kind of dependencies. I don't know. Maybe someone who is running V4R5 could validate.

The F0911 file contains ALL indexes,both OneWorld indexes and World logicals.

Okay, now for the second statement. I know that it is not pretty. To get it to run, I had to run it using a third-party SQL editor because of the 400's SQL limitations. I use WinSQL Lite from Synametrics (http://www.synametrics.com/SynametricsWebApp/WinSQL.jsp). It's free.

Good luck,

Back