8.93.B1 Gaps in Invoice Numbering

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi List,

R42565 Print Invoices leaves gaps in invoice numbering.
These gaps are generally 3-5 large.

- Next Numbering set up as Method 2.
- Next Numbers are set up properly (the appropriate entries exsist for Company Document Tpye, Fiscal Year).
- Check Digit = "N".

- "Same As" functionality is not used.
- Customer states, they do not create invoices manually with the effected Document Types (e.g. RI) - (can not find the missing numbers in F03B11).
- the versions of R42565 are set up properly, e.g. "6. Prevent A/R Number Assignment" = 1, where it is required.
I have checked the Forum and Customer Connection site, but have not found solution.

This time the platform is:
Win 2000, SQL 2000, EnterpriseOne B9 (8.93.B1)

Any help, advise or solution will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Zoltán
P.S.: I will post this issue onto the Technical and Developer forum too.

just an addition:

The gaps occures only sporadically, not always.

Zoltán

Zoltán,

We had a similar problem involving AR invoices. What was happening was that an interface that created invoices was occaisionally still running when staff started creating invoices during their normal work. Thus the invoice numbers were not consecutive. Is there another process that creates invoices that may be running at the same time occaisionally?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

At the problematical site, there is no Batch Invoice Processing via F03B11Z1 and F0911Z1, using upload and/or P03B11Z1 and R03B11Z1.

By the business process, the invoice is printed before running R42800.

They don't enter invoice manually with P03B11Z1 with the same Document Type as R42565.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

Absolute guess but do they include order lines in their data selection that may not be printing on Invoices?

The processing options control which lines print either based on either (a) the Status Range or (b) the Print BackOrdered and Cancelled lines flag. It doesn't print Held orders either.

If there are lines being selected that do not meet these Processing Options I wonder if the software "burns" an Invoice number on a change in Sales Order number regardless?

A quick look at the code or a test with a selection of Orders that would prove or disprove the above.

Hope this helps.

Back