21 CFR Implementation Information Seeking

Nashaat

Interested in finding out more about 21 CFR from a CNC and tools release point of view. We are on 8.10 (TR 8.94 P1).

Some quick questions:
1. Do we need to upgrade from 8.94.P1 to 8.94.S1?
2. Do we need to update the Planner environment to PG3926?
3. Do we need to install PG3279?

What is the minimum requirements to get 21 CFR implemented?

I would appreciate in advance any information, link, documents I could get my hands on to better assess this situation. (Have found the ERP 8.0 72 page manual, solution supp convos and jdelist convos... anything else?)

In good spirits

Hello Nashaat. That name sounds real familiar and coincidentally, I happen to match the exact specs for your environment!

Anyway, here is my take on your questions:

1. SAR 7272148 addresses the slow report generation that can occur if 21CFR is enabled. In your case, since you are on tools release 8.94.P1, the fix for this problem was made in tools release 8.94.S1 (according to the SAR). So, it probably would be a good idea to upgrade to the 8.94.S1 as part of your implementation plan.

2. Step 2 on page 10 of the 21CFR instruction manual clearly states to apply the latest planner ESU. For ERP 8.10, that would be PG3926. So, I would say to follow the instructions as they pertain to the installation of 21CFR in this case.

3. ESU PG3279 addresses SAR 7331443 (critical category) which fixes a RTE(8.9/8.10) break dependency for 21CFR business function B986112. So, it would be smart to apply it as part of your implementation procedures as well.

Hope that answers your question.

FYI - Be aware when implementing 21 CFR in a 400 shop you need to include making changes to any RPG/CL custom programs that use those files in your time estimate, since the tool will rename the files on the 400.

Last client I did 21CFR for in 8.11 I came across a more recent document than the 8.0 one. It's about 4.5MB, so I can't attach. It is for 8.9 and above. If you can accept that size email, let me know and I'll forward to you.

Back