Inserting Custom Grid Records - problems with focus, page down.

dkettle

I am doing a customization to the program P14102 in B733.2 It is a headerless detail form.
The customization inserts some grid buffer lines for each category code (kind of like a header line).
It is working alright, but I am having the following problems:

1. After the screen is entered it fetches some grid records, but the focus is no longer on the first grid line due to the fact that some grid buffer
lines have been inserted. I found out how to set the focus back to the first line, but I have no event on which to do it. The last grid record is
fetched event won't work since the users won't accept to have "Disable page at a time processing" checked. I also tried counting how many
grid lines were inserted but it seems to be variable based on screen size?

2. The seconds problem is that when the users scroll down it goes down more than one page again due to the fact that some custom grid records
are being inserted as the category codes change. The users won't accept to have the program scrolling down more than one page.

I think that "Disable page at a time processing" would solve my problems, but it's not an alternative in this case.

I was wondering if there is any way to set how many business view grid records will be fetched at a time?

It was suggested to me to try inserted all of the grid records including the business view ones manually. I tried this, but I was unable to find
a way to stop it from scrolling to the end. I tried putting a counter and using "Stop Processing", but it still processes even after it hits this event.

I'm really stuck on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back