E9.2 Disable Pagination in APPL Grid

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
Is there a way (official or hack) to completely disable pagination in a Grid? I am not talking about page-at-a-time processing, I am talking about containing all records in a single page. Failing completely disabling, is there a way to set the number of records per page to a very high number (say 5000) for a single application?

I am sort of able to do this. If I first fill a single grid page and then as a separate event(s) have user actions that unhide or add grid records a few at a time, I can end up with 2000+ records in a singe grid page, but if I try and do this same thing as a single synchronous process in code I still get multiple pages.

Page at a time processing is a grid property that is accessed within Form Design Aid. To access the property, from Object Management Workbench, check-out the appropriate application and go into design. Within Form Design, select the desired form and double click on the grid to access the Grid Properties. Then select either the tab or button for Options. Within the grid options is the selection Disable Page-at-a-Time Processing. Select this option to disable this processing. Then save and check-in the application. This change will need to be appropriately deployed within your environment.

Reread your post - disregard....

Thanks. I am aware of this property. This simply disables the "lazy loading" of the grid records. I want to completely disable pages within a grid so that if there are 5000 records it all displays all 5k records in one massive single grid page (not that I would do this many records, just giving an example) instead of these groups or pages of records that the user still needs to select.

So, the pagination group size is maintained in the web runtime settings in the advanced configuration setup labelled "Default Section Size" in server manager for each web server. The default value is 200 so I can imagine you can play with this value but of course it is server wide and not application specific.

So, the pagination group size is maintained in the web runtime settings in the advanced configuration setup labelled "Default Section Size" in server manager for each web server. The default value is 200 so I can imagine you can play with this value but of course it is server wide and not application specific.
Yeah, I was hoping for a APPL (and really grid control specific) ability to override the number of records per page. I think this is actually a property of the grid but the max you can set this too as 100 (I think our default on servers is 200). I want to set this to something like 2k.

I should probably roll out a commercial tool for this, if there's sufficient demand ;-)

So what exactly does your tool do?
It allows you to set the grid length per Form, up to 10,000. My thought was that you would probably not want to set it high for _everything, only for a few select forms. Because increasing this setting should have side effects: more RAM & CPU on servers, DB, extra traffic, etc.

It allows you to set the grid length per Form, up to 10,000. My thought was that you would probably not want to set it high for _everything, only for a few select forms. Because increasing this setting should have side effects: more RAM & CPU on servers, DB, extra traffic, etc.
Would this be done in the spec's or on the server?

It just corrects whatever settings it needs to to make it happen ;-)

Let me ask this a different way. To deploy the solution do we have to deploy this exe to all of our JAS servers? Does it override the page size at runtime or is it stored in the APPL specs?

A magician never reveals his secrets. But you do not need to deploy it to all servers, one copy should be enough, unless you want everyone in your IT department to have a copy..

Back