Check in Table

Jamie_Yates

I'm confused,

When I try and check in a new table that I have created It does not remove the checked-out status (little check mark is still there and Checked out = Yes). It appears as though it is being checked in because the blue progression bar gets to the end and no error message appears.
I am new to this JDE development, but I thought object librarian objects could be checked-in.

Somebody please enlighten me

Jamie

OW XE, SP 15, NT(SP6a), Oracle

Jamie,

Assuming, hitting the Find Button - doesn't refresh the screen to show the
object without the check mark?...

Highlight the project then push the Row Exit Button 'LOGGING'... Play
around in there a little... This utility will track what OMW does with the
object(s)/project... and why it didn't complete something.

Check your JDE.LOG file. It might simply state that you don't have
authority to complete this task...

And, finally, there isn't a stop sign on the lower right hand corner?
Hmmm... that would be odd?

Daniel Bohner
[email protected]
www.existinglight.net
JDE - XE & AS/400
JDE - B7331 & MS SQL 7x

Jamie,

Just some addition after Daniel's reply. I also suppose that refresh will solve your problem. If not, then you can do the folowing too:

1.) Check the entries for your object in the F9861 - Object Librarian Detail table.
1.a.) Does a Check-Out entry exist for your table and workstation?
1.b.) Does the Date/Time stamp match on the Deployment Server entry with your Check-In action?
2.) "Get" the object on an other machine and open it with the Designer, to be sure that your development is already on the server.

If Date/Time stamp matches and the development is on the server then you can simply issue an "Erase Check-Out" which will hopefully solve your strange situation.

At last, isn't inherited the token of your table in an other project? Please, check the token queue of your table.

Keep us informed! Thanks!

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Thanks for your help guys, here is what happened using your suggestions:

In the Logging Row Exit there was an error that said:

Failed to write file \\<server>\B7333\DV7333\include\F584211.h in Futil::CopyF

(means nothing to me)

I can't see anything in the JDE.log or JDEDEBUG.log.

There is a stop sign in the lower righthand corner but it just suggest to check Logging and JDE.log.

There is an entry for the table in the object librarian table but it is from 2 days ago, this was when I created the table (I must have checked it in then back out after I created it)

If I do a "Get" from another machine I can get the object but when I enter Table Designer, there is no definition of the table.

What do you think is wrong? Is is something to do with the "Generate Header File" button? because when I click on this, nothing happens.

Regards

Jamie

Update:

in the object librarian table the is an entry for my local machine but not one for the deployment server

Jamie

Hi Jamie, and welcome to the List! Allow me to add my CAD 2¢ here:
The OL entry says your object (table in this case) did NOT make it to the Deployment Server :(
Don't despair, just try it ... again!
I would suggest you take a look at the Xe Documentation CD, Technical section -> Development Tols -> Adding a Table, read it carefully and, why not, try to re-create your table, using the check-list. I found it's better to re-create an object (even if the development time already spent on it is considerable) instead of trying to fix ... a suspect element, especially inyour case, when dealing with a table! Imagine something will go wrong, way after you are using that table within some BSVW, forms, UBEs, or BSFN, really, I've seen it happening.
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Adrian,

Thankyou for your time, I tried recreating the table but I still get the same error. Could it be a problem with the rights on the oracle database?

regards

Jamie

Jamie,

1.) Was the Table Generation successful?
> Check that does the table exist in the Data Source where you generated in.
> Check that does "B7333\DV7333\include\F584211.h" file exist on your workstation and does it have any meaningful content.

2.) Check that do you have enough rights to write into the "\\<server>\B7333\DV7333\include\" dierctory.
> Simple try to copy a file there logging in the system as you did before.

Please, keep us informed. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Jamie_Yates

I had the same problem before. Infact the error wording is the same I had experienced before. As Zoltan has said verify that you have enough rights to the Deployment Server. That is where the problem is.

Go to your network places and then add a new network place connecting to your deployment Server to the B7333 directory. \\DeploymentServer\B7333 Check to see if you can log into this directory and try copying a small file from your computer to the DS. I would almost definitely say that this is where your problem lies. If you cannot do this then you have to get enough rights to the DS before you can do any kind of check-in.

In my case too I did not have enough rights for the DS. Once I had the rights to the DS I was able to do the check in without any problems/errors. (You need to have write access to the DS)

Keep us informed of what is happening

Regards,

Sri

Srikant Adimulam, Sr.Pgm/Analyst BIS
World 7.3 Cum 12
OW Xe SP17.1 Co-existant
ES - AS/400
DS - Windows NT
WS - Windows 2000

Thanks again for the help,
It seems that this could be a problem with directory rights on the deployment server, I have been unable to test this yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Cheers

Jamie

Back