Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Track changes to Address Book numbers

Track changes to Address Book numbers

Is there any way to track changes that have been made to an AB number by multiple users?
    We want to be able to track if several different users are making changes to a single AB number and when those changes were made.
    The fields are Name, Mailing Name, Address 1-2-3 & 4, City, State, Zip, Country, Phone 1 & 2, Phone 2 Type. Please see the attachment.

This would be for any AB entry that is listed as a Vendor.

We are on:
    E1 9.0 - TS 9.1.4.6
    Windows 2008 x64
    SQL 2008
    WebSphere 7.0.0.11

Attached Files Attached Files

There is always the Database journals but I am assuming that doe snot meet your needs. Also there is some ability to track changes to the F0116 based on the effectivity date logic but that is limited.
    Business Systems Manager
    JDE 9.2, Tools 9.2.2.3
    MS SQL Server

Check the contents of the F0101Z2 table. If there's data in it there you have Address Book "outbound Interoperability" turned on.
    This table can server as a change log / audit trail for the Address Book.
    If no data - you'll need to turn it on by modifying the Outbound Processing Options for P0100041 - Address Book Master Business Function.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

Thanks to both of you.

Larry,

I love this idea.

Thanks.

Tom
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.14, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

Agreed never thought of using F0101Z2 in that manner. Thanks.
    Business Systems Manager
    JDE 9.2, Tools 9.2.2.3
    MS SQL Server

We have auditing turned on on the F0116 so all changes are logged in the A0116 doesn't that give you the informtion you are looking for?
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers or me http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EnterpriseOne 8.10 Tools 8.14
    AS400

PS When turning address book auditing on I believe you'll need a custom app/ube to view the data since Oracle does not do that...unless of course you are querying the data

Oracle Doc ID 1508543.1

Outbound Processing is a method of writing information from JD Edwards EnterpriseOne systems into a Z-table. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Address Book has three tables that are used for interoperability (inbound and outbound processing).

By activating a processing option in the associated Master Business Function (MBF), additions and changes to Address Book information are entered into the related Z-table. Additionally, a copy of the Address Book record before changes can be created, providing both a "before" and "after" image of the record. Then, using the report writing tool, a custom report can be designed to print the information required for individual business tracking purposes.

Tables for Address Book Interoperability with associated Master Business Function:

F0101Z2 - P0100041
    F03012Z1 - P0100042
    F0401Z1 - P0100043

It is suggested to specify the Transaction Types that are applicable for each Outbound processing under the "Audit Log (P0100041, P0100042, P0100043)" section in order to avoid confusion:

P0100041 - JDEAB
    P0100042 - JDECM
    P0100043 - JDESM

A version of the various MBFs must be designated in the processing option of the associated entry program:

Address Book Revisions - P01012
    Customer Master Information - P03013
    Supplier Master Information - P04012
    Mike MacKinnon
    IMP Group International
    EnterpriseOne tools RL 9.2.2.6, Application RL 9.2
    BI Desktop Publisher 11.1.1.7
    Browser IE10 & Chrome 62.0.3202.94

- Financials, Inventory (Sales & Procurement), MRP, Manufacturing, Development Tools, BI Publisher

I know this is a very old thread but my question is related to this, so did not open a new one.

What is the difference between Turning on audit from the Interop vs Audit tables that starts with A, which is part of CFR part 21.
    Anyone knows the pros and cons?
    I always knew about the audit tables that starts with A but did not know about the interop options until recently and it seems like this works as well pretty good.
    Any input on this is appreciated.
    Regards
    Abir
    Abir Mannan
    Aimtek Consulting LLC

I *think* the audit tables you are talking about are a 'SQL auditing thing' whereas the Z-file is built in JDE thing that is out-of-the-box.

I like the Z-file thing since it is out of the box and requires no retrofit/customization although it may require some custom programs to report on the data being recorded.
    Mike MacKinnon
    IMP Group International
    EnterpriseOne tools RL 9.2.2.6, Application RL 9.2
    BI Desktop Publisher 11.1.1.7
    Browser IE10 & Chrome 62.0.3202.94

- Financials, Inventory (Sales & Procurement), MRP, Manufacturing, Development Tools, BI Publisher

Thread Information