BI Publisher bursting failure

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are testing functionality so that we can email our ACH remittances. We have in our test environment sucessully setup the reprinting and emailing of the ACH remittacnes but currently it is emailing to a single email address, mine, and is not bursting the document.

Of course we will need to burst the document to be able to email to the various recipients.

With bursting off, our output is produced and emailed. With bursting on, the output cannot be seen in the Report Definition Output repository and also is not being emailed. So the issue I believe is on our syntax of setting the bursting field.

Attached is a document with screen prints, as well as the xml output. Any thoughts on what we are doing wrong would be appreciated.

We are on E1 9.0 , tools 8.98.42

Attachments

• 186806-Bursting issue.doc
    130.5 KB · Views: 183
Following up on the xml. Trying to follow the instructions from Oracle/JDE, they show how to defined the burst field, like '/R014021/Address_Book_One_Line_Report_S2' in their example.

We have tried the following '/R554572T/Payment_Selection_S7' and 'R554572T/On_Check_Control_Number_S29'

Both result in our RD output not being created. When we turn off bursting, the document is emailed fine but when we try to burst it, the output is not even available to view in RD Output Repository. It seems like something must be wrong with out syntax for Bursting.

Attachments

• 186807-Bursting issue xml.doc
    157 KB · Views: 135
Have you tried /R554572T/On_Check_Control_Number_S29 -- note that their is a leading slash, and no slash at the end? You are copying and pasting the exact report name and variable name from your XML source, right?

We have always had a level break to pick up a new e-mail address in our BI Publisher setups, so maybe that has something to do with what you're running into.

Yes, Thanks. I've tried that as well. Leading slash and no slash at the end. Actually just got a response from Oracle. There were stating my burst field should be as follows.

/R554572T/Driver_Section_S14/Payment_Selection_S7_Group/On_Check_Control_Number_S29

Tried that as well, still no luck. Getting an error in the log on our dev enterprise server of 'Unable to burst xmlp report. Report Code 6'

Good news and bad news. Oracle suggested the following change to the bursting field. Reviewing the xml, they suggested.

/R554572T/Driver_Section_S14

Yesterday when we change the bursting to this field, it worked. The document was burst correctly and emailed correctly. Fabulous. We ran many many tests yesterday afternoon, all burst and emailed correctly.

Only today, it stopped working. Yesterday we ran many tests, all successful after making the Burst field change. But first thing this morning, when I tested again it failed. It is getting the same error on the server that 'Unable to burst xmlp report output. Report Code 6.

We have been unable to get this to work again today. Completely baffled on this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Yet another bursting update. After working consistently for a week, i had a minor code change to put into the ACH remittance UBE. These were version level event rules overrides to fetch some data, no sections or anything major was added.

But after successfully testing bursting and emailing, I built/deployed the code change to our ACH remit, R554572T.

After deploying the package and retesting it fails. The error in the log is 'Unable to burst xmlp report. Return Code 6.' I tried varying the burst field then reset it back to whaat it was before. What Oracle support had suggested before and it seemed to work was '/R554572T/Driver_Section_S14'

After resetting it back to this state, it is still failing. I have attaced a copy of the xml.

Any thoughts on why this seems to be so unstable. Promoting a minor code change should not have the effect of stopping bursting.

Any throughts on what else to try bursting on, or any other expereicne with this JDE XML bursting being so inconsistent will be appreciated.

Note we are on E1 9.0, tools 8.98.42

Attachments

• 186948-Bursting issue 03102014.doc
    173 KB · Views: 93
Bursting issue now resolved, for now anyway. After a day of pulling my thinning hair out, we stopped / restarted JDE services on our Dev machine to turn on the jasdebuglog to further research the issue.

After restarting however our bursting emailing began working again. Oracle support believes its the JVM heap space and had some recommendations.

1. increase the JVM heap space form 256M to 400M in the jde.ini.
2. define a temp directory in the xdo.cfg file. This was currently commented out.

We will be doing both before beginning QA on this change.

Temporary Directory Gets Deleted When "View RD Source" Is Selected Causing Subsequent Reports to Fail (Doc ID 1349019.1)

...I think it may be your case, try to check if empty the temp...

ciao W.

Back