Sequence of steps to deploy custom DD and custom table changes

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. Table F59001 along with P59001 was deployed to PD a couple of months ago. The user wants to add new fields to F59001 and thus I will need to change corresponding application P59001. On top of adding new fields, the user wants to change the size of any existing field in F59001. The size change is for custom DD item.

What are the steps that I need to do in order to develop, test and promote the changes to PD without development and testing affecting PD? We only have one data dictionary.

Hi CHo,
Start in DV, then PY... First, make the DD changes, then for each environment, copy off your F59001 table to a holding place. Do this when everyone is off of the system for each environment. Deploy the new package with the new file specs to the Enterprise Server. On the Enterprise server remove the DD, GLBL & all specs and spec cache from under each of the pathcodes you are doing, leave PD for last, don't do PD until you are ready to implement. Regenerate the F59001 table in DV, then PY, lastly when ready in PD. Restart JDE services for the DD changes to take effect each time you do this for a pathcode. Then you'll need SQL to (insert) copy field to field from the saved table to the new F59001 in production.
**** You should first test doing this in PY to make sure you have the process down before doing it in production. I do this quite a bit for my developers.

I hope this helps,

Lucy

Back