Linking F4211.SDDOCO and F0411.RPRMK first 8 characters

presentnow

We are designing a report that must link vouchers entered for sales order freight. The only link we have between them currently is the sales order number being manually entered into F0411.RPRMK field. Does anyone have advice on how to Cast, Convert the SDDOCO field so it can be linked to the first 8 characters of the RPRMK field?

If you mean converting numeric to string or vice versa, left or right padding a string, getting a substring, etc.: There are several businessfunctions available for doing this.

If you mean linking those fields in a businessview: you can't (at least not anymore). Does F0411 have an (unused) URAB column? If yes, then you could populate F0411.URAB with the numerical value of the RMK column, and then link F0411.URAB to F4211.DOCO. (I've seen one of our customers do this to link F4801.RORN to F4211.DOCO: In their old release, they were able to join RORN to DOCO in a view, but after the upgrade, the business view tool wouldn't allow joining different type columns anymore. So they use F4801.URAB now to link to F4211.DOCO (When F4801 is created, custom code populates F4801.URAB with F4211.DOCO).

P,

If you are familiar with the concept of a Virtual Table - you can redefine (through an SQL View) the DOCO to look like the RMK or the RMK to look like the DOCO.

I won't build the SQL (I'd have to charge everyone for reading the content of this post)... but, here's the skinny...

Create View F55THIS as Select SDDOCO VTDOCO, function(SDDOCO) VTRMK from F4211

Then you would create the FDA Specs for F55THIS as Column Prefix VT and containing Two Columns (DOCO and RMK)

DO NOT GENERATE THE FDA SPEC!

Now you can create a BSVW where:
- F4211.SDDOCO->F55THIS.VTDOCO / F55THIS->VTRMK->F0411.RPRMK

Normal rule regarding Virtual Tables (SQL Views) should be honored...

As will all SQL Views - there is some overhead.

(db)

Back