JDE 8.12 Platform change from Aix with DB2 to Oracle linux with Oracle database

• Thread starter Chaithanya Varma
  • Start date

Chaithanya Varma

Hi,

According to our client they are currently using JDE 8.12 on AIX platform with DB2 as database. Client is planning to migrate to Oracle linux platform with Oracle database. What is the best way to make this platform change along with data migration from DB2 to Oracle. They are on tools release 8.97.
Are there any JDE in-build tools available to migrate data from a database to database for the same JDE release? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks a ton in Advance

How interesting! There is another thread just like this one started a few days ago by someone whose username looks very similar to yours.

You should probably read through that thread as the answers will be just about the same, i.e. use the R98403 UBE.

You noticed that, too Ken?
They could be brothers
smirk.gif

How interesting
tongue.gif

I knew JDEList is popular, but bringing-in families in the same day is sooo cool
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You noticed that, too Ken?
They could be brothers
smirk.gif

How interesting
tongue.gif

I knew JDEList is popular, but bringing-in families in the same day is sooo cool
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe an evil twin?

running R98403 UBE what you are talking about is only for database. am i right?.
could you please tell me how to migrate the ENT and Dep server.

Thanks a ton in advance..

Yes, that's for the database. It is the best way I know of to preserve all the proper data types and make sure all the null field quirks are taken care of.

For migrating the Enterprise Server, read the 8th and 9th messages in this 8.12 Migration thread.

If you really need to migrate the Deployment Server, then I point you to a couple of well-used white papers on My Oracle Support, Oracle Doc ID 659735.1 and 646903.1.

Back