P4074 Item Price "Warning: No Base Price in Effect"

JDEMogul

P4074 Item Price \"Warning: No Base Price in Effect\"

Hello,

Here is my issue. The User goes to the P4074 enters Address#, ShipTo, Item# and Branch/Plant and press Find button, which will calculate the price and show it in the grid row. For certain items it is not showing up.

I did little research on this but not going in right direction I believe. I have an item for the customer. The price is calculated and row is created in the grid for one branch but not for another branch. It shows the warning message "No base price in Effect"
I see the only difference is "Pricing Category PRGR" in F4102 table. What needs to be changed in terms of PRGR to create a grid row in P4074?
Experts, Please help me in this. I already spent time couldn't figured it out.
I read the Andy's JDETips on this but no clue.

Thanks

TOM

JDE EnterpriseOne E8.0
B7334 SP 22

Re: P4074 Item Price \"Warning: No Base Price in Effect\"

Hi there!
You normally get this warning if there is no base price in F4016 (P4106) and no price adjustment are found which have been defined as "override price" or "new base price"
(i.e the only adjustments are add-on or subtract amounts/percentages and not overrides)

Since the base prices and price adjustments can be set up by branch/plant, it is possible that you are missing an entry for that particular branch. (either base price is missing or there is no price override adjustment for that item/branch combination

It is also possible that the price adjustments are set up using the item re-price group (PRGR) and the values for this item are not the same in both brances ?

You question is very difficult to answer as pricing setup is very flexible and can be implemented in a number of ways. However, you can find the answer in the manual and JDETips documents. It's all setup-related.

What you can do is to create a dummy order for this item/branch and look at pricing history row/exit. This will show you what price adjustments were applied on the sales order line. If you enter one order line for each branch, you will be able to see where the difference is and that should help you to find the missing adjustment or base price

Hope this helps
/Aarto

Re: P4074 Item Price \"Warning: No Base Price in Effect\"

Also go thru the Item B/P record values sometime they miss values which are used during calculation specially cat codes etc.

Chan

Back