F47131/F47132 - How SZ Document Type records get created in these tables.

bhawna

Hi,

I am researching on how SZ document type record gets created in following EDI Tables - F47131/47132.
In case if anyone could provide some inputs regardiong the same, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Bhawna

What are you trying to achieve? Typically you write your own interfaces/UBE/Table conversion to populate these tables. There are some pretty good EDI manuals available on the Oracle Metalink site

Thank you Sef. I did found few vanilla programs as well that populate/update F47131/F47132 tables such as: P47130,R47131 and R47002C. However I am still in the process of finding:

1. How (i.e. the process) "EDI Sales Order" (SZ document Type) gets created in F47131/F47132 tables.
Note: During the research I found that EDI Sales Order (SZ doc type) also gets created in F47011/F47012 and Sales Order tables (F4201/F4211).

2. I am also trying to get some functional details regarding "EDI Sales Order Type (SZ doc type).

Any inputs corresponding to above mentioned points would be highly appreciated.

If I understand your question correctly. You are reading documentation that talks about creating a SZ order in JDE from EDI flat files.

I don't know anything about F47131, but we do use the F47011/12 and R47002C to create Sales Orders in our system from flat files.

Let me provide a few comments that may help.
1. You do not have to use SZ as the document type when doing EDI. We, for example, create SO sales orders through EDI. SO is also the document type we use for most phone and fax orders. It all depends on how your company wants to do things which is far more than we can discuss on this post.

2. The document type that gets created is usually defined on processing options for the P4210 version you choose for EDI. I hope this doesn't get confusing. The Sales Order gets created by job R47011 (which gets called by R47002C), which has processing option for a Sales Order Entry version. This means you need to choose/create a version of P4210 for your EDI orders. On that version, there is a processing option called Order Type which will determine what document type the EDI order will be.

I hope this helps. I would recommend you find a consultant or another JDE company near you that knows EDI. There are many decisions to make that can get quite confusing.

Jer

Back