To open documents in a webpage using JDE

prudhvi

Hi All,

I need to open the documents stored in a webpage. When user presses the row exit, it should open the webpage with his window’s login id and password and should open the documents page. How to achieve this from JDE? I tried with when ever user presses the row exit it will open the webpage index page. My question is How to provide the user name and password also to that URL and how to make the USER NAME and PASSWORD validation...Please help me out on this...Thanks in advance....

Hi,

I'm not a Web guru, but I believe I understand your issue. You could try to send a user ID and password as parts of the link via GET or POST. You just need to know which method is employed by the target and what variable names the target is expecting. However, before you do this, please note that in doing so you will be sending the user ID and password as part of the connection string.

If the Web pages you're after are part of your secure network behind a firewall, you'll probably be safe from external threats, but not from internal ones such as brought-in Spyware and/or malicious or careless employees.

If the above is incorrect and the site is external, then please note that unlike establishing a secure connection to a site (https:) and then entering the login information through that safer link, you'll be sending the login information "out in the open" on the Internet before establishing a secure connection.

The users may want the flexibilty of opening a page without requiring password entry, but if the site you're after is on the Web, the user ID and password you'll be sending as part of the connection string could be fair game.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

-Keith Viverette, Sr.

Back