Sales Price based on Date in system Constant question?

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

We are making a changes in the way to calculate our price and advanced pricing in changing in the system constant, the field 'Sales Price based on Date' from *blank (transaction Date) to 4(Actual Ship Date). We log off and login again. Did some tests but just ain't working. Looks like I need to setup something additional as I never used that feature in the past.

We just can't make it work when it's 4. It there another setup (Preference, Processing option, etc...) that we need to take care of?

Any help will be welcome.

Regards!

We are on E810, as/400 database.

Are you running the 'reprice' UBE to see if the new date is working? That's where you should see the change, I think.

Hi Eric,

Here is my understanding of what happens with Constant set at 4 Based on Actual Ship date.

Order Entry: the price retrieved at order entry will be based on the order date (since actual ship date is not populated) however the F4211 record will be flagged as a temporary price in SDTPC

After Ship confirm: the actual ship date will be updated in your F4211. So you now have to run the R42950 to reprice the order based on the Actual Ship Date.

Run the R42950:
1)Via subsystem called from P4205 proc options
2)launched manually or on scheduler data selecting on any F4211 records with the temporary price flag set SDTPC.

In both these cases your R42950 Proc Options also need to be based on Actual Ship Date.

NOTE: be careful with any line types that require pricing but that do not pass through Ship Confirm they will not get an actual ship date therefore there price will still be based on the order date.

Back