How to Secure grid import - export

KROSLAN

Has anyone been able to to apply security to grid
export - import functions? I so how?

This is a little strange this request. I'd like to understand it a little more.

First of all, if you have secured the application itself, then the user wouldn't be able to Add/Change the grid. If they don't have access to the app, then they wouldn't be able to view the grid either.

However, I am presuming that is not what you want - that you want a user that has control over a grid (View and Add/Change) to not be able to import or export to that grid.

My question is why ? If the user has access to add to the grid - why have an issue over what method they use to place data into the grid - whether its key-punched or imported from a spreadsheet ? The import function works extremely well for repetitive data entry - why take that ability away from the user ?

Then again - what about export ? So the user can VIEW the grid - and run a screenprint if necessary - but not export it to a spreadsheet for analysis ? Why would you take that ability away from them, the user would only then resort to a more inaccurate method such as re-typing the data into a spreadsheet manually.

If you are running on Citrix, you can always secure Excel/Word on that machine - which in effect would stop the import/export completely on that machine - but the grid export/import functionality is a part of the foundation code, and is likely not easily secured.

I just don't like seeing some of the core functionality of OneWorld being taken away - I personally encourage the use of that type of functionality since it differentiates OneWorld from most other ERP solutions.

Yes this refers to wanting a user that has control over a grid (View and
Add/Change) to not be able to import or export to that grid.

This request stems from auditors questioning why this is available.

We have a very limited number of users who ever use the import - export from
a grid but many who need add/change.

Thanks for your intrest!

Hi,

Is this fixed finally, I have similar kind request to restrict import/export grid data.. Please help.

Thanks!

Regards,

Praveen

Back