Automatic e-mail of invoices

Djohnson

Djohnson

Well Known Member
Looking for a solution:
We have a requirement to send e-mail copies of invoices to selected customers. There may be 50 a day. Anyone have a good solution to make this automatic? We are using FormScape.

Here's the EASY solution:

* Place the Email Address and FAX of the Vendor/Customer/Whoever -
within the Invoice
* Use a Cat-Code as a switch (Send by Email, Fax or Mail)
* Place the Cat-Code on the invoice, next to the Email Address and/or
FAX
* Use your third-party output tool (Formscape/Optio/.) to Compare the
Cat-Code and either Send via Email, FAX or Print for Snail Mail.

This is a proven functionality - and your tool doesn't have to go looking
for the address(s) or FAX.

(db)

Ps - the iCons are looking at ramping up next year. If you know a couple of
us, have a bunch of experience and wanna play in some of our gigs - holler
at me, I'll point you right!

_____

Behalf Of Djohnson
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Automatic e-mail of invoices

Looking for a solution:
We have a requirement to send e-mail copies of invoices to selected
customers. There may be 50 a day. Anyone have a good solution to make this
automatic? We are using FormScape.

D Johnson General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies XE, 18.1, Citrix, NT 4.0

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Applications Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwardsR.

Hi,

We are using Formscape to email invoices. Set up versions to run for specific companies before the invoice run and send those to our Invoice Project. Then based on the Version, that will dictate what email address to use. We are only doing this for one customer currently but plan on doing it for more in the future.

Let me know if you need help
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for the response. So you created a specific R42565 for this customer and then tied this to a specific FormScape project?
We do have an e-mail version of print invoice (as well as SOA, sales quotes and PO's). which e-mails to the User. As suggested we could run a customer specific batch and then forward the e-mails to the customer, but that does seem labor intensive.
Any further details of your working project will help.

Thanks,
Dan

we have many different versions of R42565. We have one Invoice project in Formscape which uses the Chooser object to determine which version is coming in.

Well now we are being told we should not use the regular e-mail method to send invoices due to SOX concerns. So am now looking for suggestions for encripted methods to get this done.
confused.gif

I am working on a SOX related job at the moment.
Could I ask what reasons were given that would lead to this opinion?
SOX is focused on financial reporting. The method of delivery of an invoice does not alter the fact that a financial related transaction has occured and (normally) the accounts have been updated.

I would have thought that:
* as long as appropriate controls are in place
* and these controls are tested and proved to be effective
* that this method of invoice delivery is working as designed
* all invoices produced are e-mailed
* a process exists for capturing and actioning any invoices that fail to go out via e-mail when they should
that this provides strong enough evidence that this method of delivery has appropriate level of control, from either a SOX or internal audit point of view.

Just my thoughts.

Adrian

The reasoning behind my recommendation of striata were because it is a low cost secure solution that ensures complete security of information. Normal e-mailing systems have been proven to be insecure and unreliable.

In the address book we defined an email type of EINV for invoice emailing and FINV for invoice faxing. We then check for those codes in the JDE invoice and if they exist the code and email address/fax number are displayed.

When the invoice is passed to formscape it checks for the existence of these codes to determine if and where the invoice should be faxed.

Is anyone using automatic emailing and faxing of invoices (R42565) in 8.11? Are you using a forms package?

Thanks.

Back