'Time Difference in Seconds' Business function??

AmandaHyde

\'Time Difference in Seconds\' Business function??

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a business function that will allow you to pass in two times (HHMMSS) and will return the difference between the two in seconds or minutes and seconds?

Thanks

Amanda Fuller

Re: \'Time Difference in Seconds\' Business function??

Hi Amanda,
There is one NER CalculateTimeConsumed (Source Module - N968901A) which takes starting date & time and completion date & time as input and gives output time difference in seconds.
I hope this will be of some help,

Ainos

Hi Ainos,

That sounds perfect, but unfortunately I don't appear to have this NER available to me - is there any chance you could send me the source code?

Thanks

Amanda

Amanda,

The mentioned BSFN still does not exist on XE, but already exist on 8.9.
What is your OW/EO1 release?

If you are a bit experienced to write NER BSFN, then not too hard task to write your own BSFN, which fit to your needs.

If you have trouble to write this BSFN, you can get help here.

You can also play with P98652 APPL, hunting for existing BSFNs, which maybe fit to your requirements, filtering with wild cards on Function Name and/or Description. I made this many time, and know, sometimes it is not too easy way, mainly to figure out, what does the funtion really do and how to pass and retrieve parameters.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hello Amanda,

you could also write a C BSFN yourself which will give you the desired result. Attached you can find the source of a small BSFN I wrote, it fits the needs for time calculations. Hopefully this can get you started.

Jan Hox
B7334 SP23 Oracle 9i

Attachments

• 90123-CalculateTimeDifferenceInSeconds.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 188

Thank you all very much for your help. Jan - I used your C business function as a starting point and it has done the job nicely! Thanks very much.

Amanda

Back