Cross Reference Facility

levs2

Is it possible to rebuild the Cross Reference Relation on the Server? For us it's works local only. Is there some setup that we forgot?

You cannot rebuild the cross reference relations on the server. Some of the business functions used are set up to run only locally.

Is there a possibility to map BSFN on the server ? How could we schedule the Cross Reference Rebuild?

Mapping it to the server will not change anything. The design requires it to run locally. Running the rebuild is a major task. We run ours over a three day weekend and we do it only in our Development environment. Make sure you have enough disk space. You're going to need it. If I remember correctly, it doubled the size of our Development database. If you've done it before, clear out the tables first. Saves a lot of time spent on logging errors.

It has to be run locally. Just as RJustus we run ours over a weekend.

The first run will be a killer, but after that, save time and IOs people. Only run it daily or weekly and then only on objects that have changed over the past two days or week and a day. Q. Why the extra day? A. I don't run it at midnight.

It runs in <1/2 hour per week with 200-400 object changes. Why reindex everything if only a few objects have changed? Only spend the extra IOs and CPU once a quarter or twice a year and rebuild it completely. Then only if there have been a lot of changes.

I realize that I've used a lot of loose terms, "a lot of changes", "only a few objects", etc. This is because each company has a different configuration with different amount of work being done at different times. Use the right definitions for your organization.

Make your developers happy, run it daily. No harm done and they'll appreciate it.

Great idea, Ken! Wish I had thought of that. We've been running it about once a year because of the time issue. After our next complete rebuild, we're going to use your suggestion.

How do you set up to only run for change objects as Ken suggested?
I have only run the full version which does all the objects and takes all weekend.

Thank you
Ellen Davis
V5R2M0
ERP8.0 SP21_Q

Back