Service Packs - Doing my head in!

Buster DAN

Why are these Service Pack One Offs such a pain in the neck....

We need to move from SP21 to SP22...pronto...

I was going to apply SP22_P1 about a week ago but luckily check with you guys who highlighted various issues with it.... Peoplesoft withdrew the One Off and replaced it with O1 which I decided to use instead..... now just a few days later Q1 is available...

Throughout this period I have been in contact with Peoplesoft and no time did they say that Q1 was just around the corner... I wish I had known.... but then again that no doubt has lots of issues anyway!! :(

Maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on having the latest Service Pack One Off...at this rate though...I'll never get the damn thing installed!! :(

We installed SP22_Q1 last night and have found no problems thus far through
our testing. GSS indicated to us, upon it's release, that they had
thoroughly tested it as well. If we run into any problems, I will be sure
and distribute an e-mail to this group. Good luck.

Blue Cross of Idaho, NT4.0, SQL 2K, SP21.

We installed SP22_Q1 last night and have found no problems thus far through
our testing. GSS indicated to us, upon it's release, that they had
thoroughly tested it as well. If we run into any problems, I will be sure
and distribute an e-mail to this group. Good luck.

Blue Cross of Idaho, NT4.0, SQL 2K, SP21.

Re: RE: Service Packs - Doing my head in!

Did you find the problem mentioned in SAR 7006966, with printing statements?

One_offs are on a three week cycle. We have to prepare for it. It is my plan to schedule a periodic update (right now every 6 months seems good). A few weeks before the planned update, I intend to download the at-then-current one-off in case I need to go back one for some reason (like we just experienced). I would then install the latest one-off. However, if bad things happen often enough, I would probably stay behind a one-off or two.

That's my plan. Anyone have a different plan they feel works best?

Back