E1 9.0 Login Issue - Missing Key for Planner Data Source in spec.ini

MORE INFO on 9.0

Ha am I the only who reports this kind of stuff? :) I tried to use service packs 89810 89812 and 89813 and all three of them did not decompress correctly and create a FULL set of system subdirectories only bin32 was there.

I had to unzip the 4 cab files into 1 system folder and overlay.

Why can't a billion dollar company create an installshield to decompress correctly? They have before.

Also, instead of saying "Tools Release" (puke) it says "Workstation Install".

Also, what else - one HAS to install as Administrator on dep server even though JDE is member of admin group won't install. That's crazy.

What else is broken. You have to put single quotes around the 9 in the sql set script (the documentation should say the single quotes need to be there) and weird but it adds two sqlversion lines in the sql set script at the bottom.

Making progress though.

Now hopefully minimal problems on oas but not holding breath. :)

Also still need to prove out compiler settings.

Joe Tirado

I have not had that issue with the Tools Release zip files.

I have installed both 8.98.1.2 and 8.98.1.3 recently, and they both installed properly, with new files in SYSTEMPCOMP and "OneWorld Client Install" as well as all the subdirectories under SYSTEM.

The Deployment Server was Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition, with SP2 and all the current patches.

Hmm I am decompressing with Winzip 8.1. I wonder if that is issue Ken. Obviously something is different in setup because it isn't rocket science. I uncompress with winzip, do full extraction run setup.exe and it says "Workstation Install" instead of Tools release so maybe 8.1 is issue.

Back