Media Object - Attach Images

tfurstenau

We would like to be able to take scanned images of Documents, and attach them to their related Sales Orders. A natural for Media Objects, or so I thought. What I would like to accomplish, but can't seem to find the right business function (if it exists) is to have a scheduled UBE that runs against a workfile, that is periodically loaded with the key field information for the record to attach to and the pathname/filename of the image/document to attach. It seemed very straight forward in discussing it, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Any help out there?

T J Furstenau
Oneworld XE SP 15.1; NT/SQL 7.0

Did you get any information to help you with this? I need to do the same exact thing! Let me know. Thanks. Feizel

Unfortunately, based on extensive research here, on the KG, and other sources, this does not appear possible. At least there does not appear to be an existing BSFN to perform this task. I would think that a custom designed C-level business function could possibly accomplish this, but this is beyond my current expertise. My guess is that some of the third-party documentation applications have done something along these lines, but my current client decided to pass on investigating further.

Although, I'd still like to know if there is a way for my own sake.

We may have a solution - its under construction. If we succeed, I will let you know.

you can create a table with a key of you sales order, this dummy table may also contain the attachment columns VTXC, you need to right a C++ function to copy the VTXC column to F00165 attachmen file , if you are intrested i can write the C code for you, but send me nmore details, i already did this last month.

create your dummy table and insert into it the key and path, now you need to copy the record from dummy tble to F00165. you cant use fetch single from dummy because the path is stored in a BLOB VTXC, you need a C++ function to read the record, actually the API is call FetchKeyedposition, and will read the BLOB then you can update F00165 with the same key, i did this before for Accounts payables, but i will try to post C++ code today for you, dont worry wehat you have is easy.

I need the same exact thing. I am a consultant with a document imaging firm. We are trying to implement a way to have all the *.tif files we scan attached to their appropriate lease numbers. I need to find a way to auto-import images based on their lease number. Any suggestions?

Back