How to Copy ER Code from one Application to another

Ovj

Hi.

Having worked with other application tools I have always been able to copy lines from other programs into a new one that I am working on.

This doesn't seem to be the case working with JDEdwards ? Or am I making wrong assumptions? Anyone who can tell me how to make some tricks?

Br Ove

Hi Br Ove,
There is a dirty way of doing it; Zoltan had it explained in detail (you may search the archives on Developers, use the "Copy ER" keyword/s).
Basically you:
1 copy code from "one" Appl (source) to a text file, then
2 paste it into the "another" Application's (destination) ER, but sorry, one Object/one Event at a time, and mandatorily
3 VALIDATE the pasted ER.
That is:
- ALL assigned BSVW/controls/variables/ ... have to be already in place. Then,
- open each line of code (yes, dbl click it),
- re-assign MANUALLY your business/grid columns and variables, and, finally
- click the OK (or press the <ALT> & <O> at the same time)
I might say you save from 35 to 55% of re-coding time.
Good luck,
Adrian Chimirel
PS1 The Ifs & complex assignments are tricky! I found it when I copied vanilla code (it was in Xe but the code came from B732 (if not from B731!). The old code text was NOT describing CURRENT variable Names/Descriptions, but rather OLD release Names/Descriptions. Thus your copied code will better reflect your object (will be an updated/refreshed code).
But this might not be the case, if you copy your OWN code :)
PS2 It is helpful, especially for those who answer YOUR questions, to see what is YOUR system configuration. See mine?

Thanks Adrian. I tried doing what you described - And it works.
Thanks a lot.

Br Ove

Oneworld: Xe SP17,

EPS: AS/400 DB: DB2/400: OS: OS/400
Citrix: OS: WIn2000
Workstation: OS:WinNT4

Back