Thread: User Friendly JDE URLs

User Friendly JDE URLs

I am looking for suggestions/options to be able to provide user friendly urls for JDE web servers. Instead of providing the long url with port numbers, I would like to be able to to just use something like JDEProd@companydomain.com or JDECRP@companydomain.com and redirect them to the correct web server instance.

Anyone ever do this easily/quickly/cheaply. I would be interested in hearing any solutions for this.

Thanks,
    E1 9.2 TR 9.2.1
    F5 Network traffic managers
    SQL Server 2016
    Weblogic Web Servers, Windows Enterprise Servers

I do all my own stunts!

We use a reverse proxy with apache for a a dozen of customer under the same installation (a sort of SaaS).
    Il will redirect to te correct web server (or to the correct load balancer) using the url. Il will be like 'jde.company.com'

tbo,

One way we have done this is via use of an external load balancer and Apache, I believe similar to what dguastalli suggests. We used this with WebSphere prior but we use the same concept now that we run WebLogic. DNS points to a farm on our A10 appliance (which is likely similar to your F5 device): Example - JDEProd.companydomain.com. The load balancing appliance then sends the user to one of several web instances. In our case we use IP addresses set up in Oracle HTTP server (i.e., Apache) to direct the user to the desired instance. However, your F5 may allow you to address each instance without the need for an apache server in front. This is an older post I made on the subject:

https://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthre...d-Server-Alias

But since that post it seems like devices similar to the F5 have made it much easier in my opinion where you might be able to directly reference a server and port number.

Thread Information