SERVER 2003 SP1 support

mikey

Hi all
Has anyone installed SP1 for windows server 2003 on their EnterpriseOne servers ?
I know it isnt 'officially' supported according to the MTR's, but has anyone installed it and experienced any problems ?
My dilema is that i am doing an installation of 8.11 on some new servers and they have been built with SP1.
Should i insist on the service pack being rolled back, or are others out there using it without any issues.

thanks.
Mike H
8.11 8.94 on Oracle, windows 2003

Mike,

We have been running Windows 2003 on our enterprise server for 12 months with no issues.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Greg,

SP1 (Service Pack One) - is what Mike's looking for... Are you guys running it yet?

I run the ERP8 Standalone on my 2003 SBS Server (so I can get to it from anywere). Recently I up'd to SP1 and all the SBS service packs. ERP8 is still running fine. Remember, this is a standalone - not a production, so you mileage should vary.

BTW - there is a Microsoft TS2 Webinar today, discussing Server 2003 and SP1.

www.microsoft.com/events - look for the search tool on the right side, drop-down to webcasts.

TechNet Webcast: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1: Technical Overview (Level 200)

Starts at 9am pst.

If you are an MS partner, OEM or MSDN holder - there are a bunch of other webcasts (M$ is calling it wednesdays on the web).

(db)

Dan,

My clustered North American enterprise servers are on Windows 2003 base release. Our clustered enterprise servers for China are on Windows 2003 SP1.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

We have a clustered enterprise server running Windows 2003 SP1 and it is in production. This is a special purpose application server, really. We are hosting Security services and Unified Logon in addition to Citrix roaming profiles and JDE MediaObjects on the cluster. No issues to date (besides a hardware issue with the SAN.)

thanks all

I'm going ahead with the install on SP1.
I got a reply from GSS saying that they are waiting on IBM to OK SP1 with websphere before they make an announcement on E1 being supported on SP1. They didnt actually say it has test OK, but i read that into it.
thanks
btw 8.11 install hasnt caused me to many headaches yet !

Mike H

Back