R04110ZA/B0404110 AP Z-File Process Running Very Slow

rhwingo

We are uploading 400000 plus AP Records on a nightly basis. The Z-File process is taking about 20 hours to process.

Does anyone have an ideas on how to speed up this process?

Yes. Multithread by using mulitple versions to split up the load via a logical separation of the records.

In addition, you may also want to move specific tables to a faster disk system. Keep temp away from data. Always use RAID10. On our setup, financials and distribution reside on different RAID arrays.

Is the Z file after processing cleared out or remain populated with the EDSP flag being set to 1? Clearing older records can speed up the process. We have an address book update from our HR system to E1 using the F0101Z2 file. Removing older records sped up the process significantly.

On most Z-Files, there is an EDSP field. Make sure your Data Selection is set to EDSP != 1 (1, usually, means successful).

(db)

I created multiple versions. I had them do a logical break aroun 50,000 records. Every night I will process 20 versions, and on a specific version - the 11th grouping, I will always have a kickout of one document.

In the work center - I will get Batch in Erro Null pointer, and I will also get errors for Supplier Master missing etc. Which its not missing.

So if you are reading this there are 10 other versions that have processed 500000 records correctly and when it gets to the 11 grouping it kickouts one document out of the 50,000. Does it every day on the same version.

When I take the Batch Number and re-process by placing the Batch in the Processing option it works fine. If I re-process without the batch number it will not write all of the F0911 records correctly and give me a different error.

Any ideas?

Back