How to logoff users from Weblogic servers via a script

whinpo

(after having posted in the wrong section...)

Hi,

In order to be sure nobody is accessing our web servers during the database backup.

The only way we've found for the moment is stopping the web servers...not very clean...

We're looking for a way to kick the users without stopping the servers, the same way Server Manager allows to do it via "Terminate session"

Any idea will be appreciated

regards

hmm..
many views but no answer..

what are you doing to logoff your users during backups?
or are you saving while active???

So, to be sure I understand the problem;
some users are working, they are entering 900 lines of a sales order; just before confirm the order you want to kickoff the users from JDE?

Thanks for your answer
wink.gif

i'll try do explain it a little bit more.

Every night, we're backuping our database.
We don't want to do it while users are connected to have a well-known starting point in case of disaster or anything that would force us to restore (we hope, of course, we'll never have to do it).

So we have to kick users from our Weblogic servers before this backup : they're warned with a message on our Citrix Servers, where all users are connected. And the the servers are stopped by a script shutting down the JVM via WLST stop application command.

in fact, we're trying find a better/nicer way to kick these users. We would like to be able to run a command that makes logoff to the users, as the "Terminate Session" does under Server Manager

Regards

If you have Internet Explorer 9.0, you should be able to develop custom javascript. You will need to put javascript files called E1Agent.js & JQuery.js into debug once you are logged into SM. Just launch IE & go to SM. Then press F12. Inside of E1Agent.js you will find the keyword terminate. Terminate runs this code:

confirmAction('confirm.webserver.forceLogout', 'runSelectedGridMethods(\'sessions\', \'forceLogout\', false); checkForErrorsAndReloadPage()')

Just create a new button in the HTML, a new copy of the functions in the script and modify it to select all sessions.

This is very interesting.

So IE9 has an embedded js debugger, very useful to know, I need this in order to send some info to an external application.

I'll try this.

Thanks

But why don't you write a script that send the message through the citrix servers, then log off them after few minutes and then disable logon on citrix during backup and once the backup is finished, enable the logon back again on the citrix?

Back