Error messages glossary update

Tuazon

Hi there.
I am a new developer in JDE 8.11 tools 8.96. I created an error warning msg and deployed it in developement environment. The client tested it and requested few changes in the glossary where i put the cause:msg note and resulution:msg note. I went to JDE tools/error messages to change the glossary. The client tested and changes did not showed up. I even restarted the services. Please advise.

Thank you for your time.
Lemor

Hi,
start your java generator tool and regenerate the application.

Let me know .

Best regards.

Bruno Condemi

Hi Bruno,
I re-created package (update) and deployed and regenerated the deployed one. When user ran it to the web screen it is still shows the same error msg. I even edited the error warning glossary the put the objects to dev. but its still the same. Did i missed something?
thank you.

Lemor,

The glossary is part of the data dictionary. The data dictionary items are contained in TAM/spec files on fat clients and the enterprise server. When you edit data dictionary items, the database is updated, but not the TAM/spec files. You will need to rebuild/recreate them and then you may have to regenerate the application. Make sure that your spec source for generation has the rebuilt/recreated files. Generally spec source is the spec directory/folder in the pathcode for which you are doing the generation.

The files are:

dddict.ddb
dddict.xdb
ddtext.ddb
ddtext.xdb

These files reside in the following directory (normally for windows):

C:\<install version>\<pathcode>\spec

where <install version> is normally E811 for JDE E1 8.11 and <pathcode> is normally PD811 for production.

There are two ways to re-create them, both involve renaming the files. Do not delete them until you are sure that all is well, if there is a problem you can switch them back:

1) While logged out of JDE, rename the files (on the fat client(s) and/or enterprise server) and let them re-build (JITI) over time;

2) Run the R92TAM ube locally on a fat client which builds the files with a full copy of the data dictionary in the <install version> directory. While logged out of JDE, rename the orignal files then copy/move the new files to the normal directory specified above. The same procedure can be used for the enterprise server (run R92TAM on the enterprise server).

Absolutely great exposition.

Just two consideration for others readers:
1) A full package resolve the isssue.
2)For releases prior to EnterpriseOne 8.12 there is no need to run R92TAM.

Document id ID 626511.1 explain in dettail all the consideration for DD deploy

Back