jde.ini setup for visual studio 2005 over E1 jde 9.00

raj12345

Hello Friends,

I installed Visual studio 2005 express edition and JDE9.0 Standalone on my laptop. I tried to setup .jde.ini file from my part. i took help from oracle metalink website but all these stuffs couldn't help.

I have attached error screenshot that i am facing as well as JDE.ini file. Please, find the attachement.

I am requesting you all to look into the matter.

Thanks and Regards
Raj
JD Edwards

Attachments

• 172722-Business function Build Error.doc
    142.5 KB · Views: 123
This is what our 9.0 setup has for Visual Studio on the clients. I forget what the version number should be for VS 5.

TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=OPTIMIZEVC
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib
;Additional Include directories
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include;$(SYSTEM)\INCLUDE;$(SYSTEM)\INCLUDEV;$(SYSTEM)\CG;$(APP)\INCLUDE;
;Additional LIB Directories
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ATLMFC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib;$(SYSTEM)\LIB32;$(SYSTEM)\LIBV32);$(APP)\LIB32;
;Visual Studio Bin Directories
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin
VisualStudioVersion=9

I thought a long time ago I read a document that said the express editions of Visual Studio do not work with JDE. I have never tried it myselft though.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought a long time ago I read a document that said the express editions of Visual Studio do not work with JDE. I have never tried it myselft though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the same thing. In fact, I think in the MTRs they explicitly state the Express editions are NOT supported. Whether you can get them to work or not is probably a different story...

hi,

it works (visual studio express and standalone) but there are essentially two prblems :

using the dll envtool.dll it looks in the wrong registry directory (Software/Microsoft/VisualStudio instead of Software/Microsoft/VCExpress) : you can fix that with a Hexadecimal Editor, find all (unicode text) occurrences of VisualStudio and replace (still unicode) with VCExpress.

There are multiple spots where I found it.

THen you are able to build BSFNs. You can either change the StartEverestTool BSFN to try to launch VCExpress.exe instead of Devenv.exe, or just copy past VCExpress.exe to Devenv.exe( this is what I did). Then you can edit C code from OMW.

Back