Restricting Employee Tax ID on Address Book and Data Browser

pfaloney

Well Known Member
We are looking for way to restrict who can see Tax ID's related to Employees in the Address Book Revisions (P01012)and when they to data browser from the P01012.

I think I have solved the P01012 by doing the following:

1: Add "View Employee Tax ID" Processing Option
2: In code. Hide or show field if PO is No and the Search type is one of the Employee Search Types.
3: Create version that will allow or restrict viewing.

The harder issue will be how to restrict it in Data Browser.

Any alternatives on the first and ideas on the second would be appreciated.

What version of E1 are you running? There is already functionality built into the address book that will do this for you. No need to write your own custom code. Look up Chapter 8 in the Security Admin Guide on how to implement address book data security.

In 9.0 there is new functionality also avaialable if you are on either 8.98.3.x or 8.98.4.x (I don't remember which) to apply address book data security through data browser also.

Patrick,

Look at Function B0100095 - Secure Address Book Personal Data and review document "E1: SEC: Set Up Data Security Similar to Address Book Data Security [ID 653935.1]"

For additional reading material, look at:
NOTE:659666.1 - E1: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions on Address Book Data Privacy
NOTE:659670.1 - E1: How to Set Up Address Book Data Privacy
NOTE:659668.1 - E1: Common errors using Address Book Data Privacy

You can see how the function mapped in the Write Grid Line-After section of the P0101S. Make sure you complete the instructions for setting up user lists and such, or you won't see any affect.

It has been a long time since I played with this ~ holler if you need more details...

(db)

Back