Delete Rows in P0911

macorall

macorall

Hello!!I'm trying to delete some rows in a not posted batch (type G) and the system allow me to delete the rows and save the modify; but when i re-enter in the batch the system shows again the deleted rows! Can someone explain me why?

I'm using the P0911 program and i'm on JDE Enterprice One 9.0.

Thanks
Bye

macorall,

That sounds familiar. I think I have dealt with something like that sometime over the past 12 months. I can't remember all the details, including the reasons why it appeard to be deleted, but wasn't. However, I do remember that we had to access the database directly - either (1) manually update the rows in the F0911 to delete them from within JDE or (2) we manually deleted them from the F0911. Most likely (1).

Thanks peterbruce,
i think i will contact the oracle, beacause is not possible have to access the database directly to solve this problem. Don't you think?!

bye

Macorall,

Depending on the form you are using - once you hit delete, you may have to completely 'EXIT/OK' out of the form, before the deletes actually occur.

<the following comment is DEFINED WITH EXTREME CAUTION>

Any developer can create a Find/Browse form over a BSVW of the F0911 (*All Colummn)... that would allow the deletion of *ANY set of F0911 records that the logged in users is authorized to.

That Said - Simply deleting the F0911 records can create balancing issues, if the users does not FULLY understand the ramifications.

I do *NOT* Recommend this path.

<back to our regularly scheduled lists of topics>

(db)

macorall,

As Daniel said, you have to be very careful when deleting rows from the f0911.

I had a brief look back through my records to see what it was that I remembered, but couldn't find anything definitive. But I did find an attempt to delete an unposted batch which contained a journal marked as reversing. I'm not sure if this was the problem I remembered. The delete would not happen until the reversing box was unchecked.

Hi guys, the Oracle recognizes this problem as a BUG n. 11924410.
I'm waiting for the ESU...

Bye

The SAR 8969998 is attached to this bug and included in ESU JL16971.

good luck
wink.gif

Maurizio

Back