JDE Xe B7333 sp 23 Replicating Data Dictionary Changes to Servers

Marco Felici

Hi all,

I have a problem.

I changed because of a data dictionary, and I deleted all clients the following files:
dddict.ddb
dddict.xdb
ddtext.ddb
ddtext.xdb
glbltbl.ddb
glbltbl.xdb

Now the data is updated on all clients but not on the server.

I have read EnterpriceOne Xe System Administration PeopleBook, the part that interests me would be this:

replicatingonlythechang.jpg

I can not figure out what to do, can you help?

Attachments

• 166177-Replicating Only the changed Items.JPG
    166177-Replicating Only the changed Items.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 121
Marco,
The usual method is similar to a fat client, where you delete the corresponding data dictionary and global table runtime specs and allow them to rebuild.

However, the specifics depends on your platform. Can you post your enterprise server specifics (i.e., AS400 V6R1, Windows 2003, etc)? Once you do that I'm sure someone with experience on the same platform can provide guidance.

For the enterprise server , just stop services , delete the files and start services again. It will JITI the files again.

The above has worked for me on all platforms.

Thank you all,

The server is windows 2003,

If I understand correctly I have to cancel within the specific dell'enterprice server as I do for clients?

In practice folder EnterpriceServer/B7333/PD7333/Spec /'m going to delete the files I listed above.

Once done restart the services to clients such as the JIT recreates the DD?

Thank you very much

Yes, recreating the DDB and XDB files as described works on the Enterprise Server just like it does on the fat client.

Back