Reverse ship confirm

nadine

Hi,

Just wondering how others handle the problem of reversing an order after an incorrect ship confirm but before it goes through overnight processing.

JDE EnterpriseOne 8.98

I usually recommend adding a correcting line (either positive or negative quantity) and summarizing in invoice print. You can setup a menu option to "Correct Ship Confirm Errors" and have it be set to add a line at the correct status.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

If you are referring to invoicing and sales update as the overnight
process, we have been processing a credit order to return the material
to stock and correcting the customer's AR.

Steve Catalano
Information Systems Manager
Arlon Electronic Materials Group
1100 Governor Lea Road<br>Bear, De 19701

(P) 1-800-635-9333 Ext 233
(F) 1-302-834-4021
(C) 1-407-221-0288

There is no Reverse Ship Confirm option. As others said all you can do is add a credit or negative line to your SO and Ship Confirm that to undo the effect of the user's erroneous Ship Confirm transaction.

We have had this happen, but the invoice was created as well.
The original lines in the order are at 620, while the credit line is at 580.

1. How do I handle the ship confirm for the line that had the incorrect location when it is at a 620 status? Another wrench in this, the incorrect location chosen was in a different branch/plant and we are not setup to do inter branch sales.

2. How do I get an invoice associated with the line that needs the revised location AND the credit line? I am getting an error of an invoice amount equaling to zero.

~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
There is no Reverse Ship Confirm option. As others said all you can do is add a credit or negative line to your SO and Ship Confirm that to undo the effect of the user's erroneous Ship Confirm transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelli

My past co was multi-co, multi-currency and our users were famous for using wrong BP's, wrong part #'s, wrong currency, wrong everything!

We actually had to setup a status code to deal with these fixes so they didn't go to G/L (if they were caught in time!) especially on inter-co stuff. We made a NS of 605 valid to be used from post ship-confirm up to 620 status - not posted.

We would update NS of incorrect line to 605.

Add a credit line and override cost to be THE SAME as original incorrect line. This is key as you are bypassing G/L and you will have perpetual/subledger discrepancy if cost is not the same.

Ship Confirm credit line.

Change NS to 605 to not allow it to go to G/L.

Key is there must be a debit and a credit line and they must be the exact same qty, part # and cost.

Worked great for us as long we caught problems prior to G/L update. Was done by superuser to ensure it was done properly!

I finally got back to this and everything worked great as you suggested! One more question....

The incorrect and credit lines are now at a 605 status, will that ever change? I was hoping to get them to a 999 status.

~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
Kelli

My past co was multi-co, multi-currency and our users were famous for using wrong BP's, wrong part #'s, wrong currency, wrong everything!

We actually had to setup a status code to deal with these fixes so they didn't go to G/L (if they were caught in time!) especially on inter-co stuff. We made a NS of 605 valid to be used from post ship-confirm up to 620 status - not posted.

We would update NS of incorrect line to 605.

Add a credit line and override cost to be THE SAME as original incorrect line. This is key as you are bypassing G/L and you will have perpetual/subledger discrepancy if cost is not the same.

Ship Confirm credit line.

Change NS to 605 to not allow it to go to G/L.

Key is there must be a debit and a credit line and they must be the exact same qty, part # and cost.

Worked great for us as long we caught problems prior to G/L update. Was done by superuser to ensure it was done properly!

[/ QUOTE ]

HI Kelli

Glad this solution has worked for you. End of month we would update all 605's to NS 999 using Speed Status Update. Only caveat here, same as cancelled status (980/999) would need to exclude LS = 605 for any reports, inquiries, etc. Also ensure all who need to know, know that 605 lines should be ignored or they will get confused! Also need to make sure invoice/cm doesn't go to the customer if they made it to final mode!

Month end may also want to do a quick check to ensure all debits/credits match from a cost perspective. We had a sequel query to check this which ensured G/L to Subledger integrity for inventory.

babs

Thanks for the quick reply, babs!
Unfortunately, our speed status update does not allow an update to 999.
How can I get around this?
~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
HI Kelli

Glad this solution has worked for you. End of month we would update all 605's to NS 999 using Speed Status Update. Only caveat here, same as cancelled status (980/999) would need to exclude LS = 605 for any reports, inquiries, etc. Also ensure all who need to know, know that 605 lines should be ignored or they will get confused! Also need to make sure invoice/cm doesn't go to the customer if they made it to final mode!

Month end may also want to do a quick check to ensure all debits/credits match from a cost perspective. We had a sequel query to check this which ensured G/L to Subledger integrity for inventory.

babs

[/ QUOTE ]

Back