SQL server wtih DB Instance

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Has Oracle started supporting DB instance on SQL server. I know in the past it did not.

We are on e810 with TR 8.96.2.3 with currently on SQL 2000 planning to upgrade to 2005 soon

While the data source entry screens do show an entry for "Database Instance" name, I believe this would only work for fat clients. This could be a consideration for you, since you are on 8.10.

For the JAS server, this could be a problem. While instances could be used (solution ID 200950494), the white paper "Tips for Running EnterpriseOne on SQL Server 2005" (solution ID 201046428) states on page 8 of the PDF (page 5 if you print it out) that the JDBJ is not set up to use SQL 2005 named instances, and E1 should be installed under the default instance.

There is, however, the suggestion from the first solution above to give the instance a different port number.

Unfortunately, I can't say I've tried it myself. Maybe on my next virtual server E1 installation ...
grin.gif

Although I realize this probably isn't what the poster wants to do, technically, I was able to get it to work several years ago on release 8.9.

There was a standalone SQL Server database which contained several custom JDE tables. It served as part of an integration with a manufacturing point solution. The primary JDE database was Oracle on UNIX. The SQL Server tables were mapped via OCM and were accessed by UBEs running on an HP-UX server via JDBNET.

The standalone SQL Server database was consolidated onto a SQL Server cluster, and as such, became a named instance.

It wasn't obvious at first how to set it up, but it eventually worked.

All,

Thank you for your reply. We were seeing lot of connection for PS810 and PS_PROD connection. We wanted to runthem on seprate instance or seprate boxes. I guess, we will be runnign them on seprate boxes instead of Seprate instances.

Back