Creating Organization Charts using E1 8.12

pfaloney

Well Known Member
In a meeting I had, we discussed if it is possible to create Organization Charts in 8.12. My boss thinks she heard that it is possible and I think I have heard the same thing. Has anyone done this?

We are going to 8.12 in one month and this is one of the tasks I have assigned to me as a developer.

We are running 8.12. JDE has provided the web version of Org. Chart program(P08713W) on 8.12 which create the chart based on supervisor/employee relationship. The only downsize of this program is you cannot print it out nicely and unable to alter the chart. I ended up create a customized program to integrate visio ORGWIZ to E1 8.12.

We have the relationships set up, but it will show any of the employees under the Supervisor (I am using my department as a first pass). I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

The Visio thing sounds interesting. Did you do that in JDE or in another language?

That's odd to show all employees. I would try to debug the program and see what's wrong with the relationship.

I'm using JDE tool to create screen to collect visio parameters and UBE to generate visio input file. Then,I'm using the windows batch file to call the visio ORGWIZ from the webclient. You have to make sure that the ORGWIZ is installed locally.

I'm experiencing the same odd behaviour: I'm using 8.12 with 8.97 Tools and I cannot see the whole tree below the Supervisor. Could it be a bug or are there any security issues?

Several years ago - I re-created the Business Unit Org Structure for a
client moving from World. World had a very nice tool; their target version
(either XE or 8.something) did not.
Basically, the entire process was generated via an SQL View (Virtual Table)
- and was instantaneous (faster than Worlds).

Ideally - if you can create the SQL statement that identifies the
parent/child relationship, then nest the query... all you have to do next is
define the number of layers deep you want the org structure to drop to. If
there is a lot of interest in this solution - I could work on the
template/whitepaper and provide more details/direction?

??

(db)

--

I forgot to mention one thing. Do you run R05846 to rebuild the employee/supervisor relationship? The Org chart is using F05840 to link the employees.

Hope this helps,

Looks like I am gonna have a lot of work to get this working. Getting a bunch of:

"Invalid Employee/Supervisor Relationship: Recursive Loop With Supervisor"

Do have a structure "ES" - Employee/Supervisor=A0defined at the company opt ions setup?
Did you have Supervisor's A/B number populated in the Employee Master
=A0
You probably do not need additional development work if your setups are don e properly.
=A0
Jude Ejimakor
Sr. Application Solutions Consultant
Oracle/JD Edwards Systems

Back