Database Change of Existing Environment

TomS

I currently have a QA environment sharing central objects with my Production environment, but with its own Business Data and Control Tables that are refreshes of Production. I also have a similar setup between my DV environment and a CV environment. I've been attempting to move the CVDTA and CVCTL schemas into their own database with its own Oracle service, but on the same host. I can successfully move the tables and create the service, but I have not been able to get JDE to recognize the new database. I’ve changed the Datasources to the new oracle service name, but when I attempt a login on a Fat Client, the client crashes. If I attempt a login on the web client, the JAS server reports that the P00950 table can not be found. Reverting the Datasource changes allows Fat Client login, and Web Client login. This change will also be done in production once successful in order to remove data from RMAN backups of production. I have not gotten very far with support, perhaps someone here knows what I am missing. Thanks.

Tools 8.96.H1
JDE 8.12
Windows 2003 Web/App/DB
Oracle 10.2 32bit
confused.gif

Well, you should only have changed the 2 data sources, business data and control tables, for your CV environment. Hopefully you changed them on both System - 812 and Server Map, right?

One thing to try, after making your data source change, is to log back in to DV812, bring up UTB, and see if you can pull up a table from the modified Business Data - CV.

It might also help if you had your JDE.LOG file from the attempt to log into the fat client that failed.

Back