Man, I love JDEList....

Jay Paff

You folks are gonna think this is corny, but occassionally when I have a bit of free time, I just peruse the E1 forums to see what issues other folks have. I learn so much just from the issues that I see others experience AND most importantly the thorough answers that the "experts" give.

I would encourge everyone to just read what others are experiencing because I'll bet you will get some new ideas or even some answers to those nagging issues that no one else but you knows about.

Thanks to everyone for making this a pretty useful site.

I'm sorry, you used a term I'm not familiar with. What is the "free time" thing you mentioned? Sounds like a nice concept. Does it come with a user manual? Can I download a demo of it?
grin.gif

"Free Time", you know, things like Christmas, New Years, Sunday's at 1:00am. You know, those times when you can't sleep and don't want to strangle your loved ones.

I used to have "Free Time 1.0" installed, but it never worked right. So I went back to "Work forever version 99999999999999"

Sigh......

Ok, you lost me again. What is this "sleep" thing? I seem to recall Christmas. That was a good day, only six hours of work and two late night phone calls.

Alright, alright, a little career consoling is in order. You work to live, you don't live to work. Being from Wisconsin, I work for cheese and beer and to occasionally see the Packers smoke da Bears. You know, simple joys. Remember, whoever makes it to retirement...wins.

Retirement?
ooo.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

That's the glue factory!!!!

You do know the story of the old bull and the young bull discussing the herd of cows in the valley, don't you?

Respect the wisdom of the old bull!

HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY....emphasis on OCASSIONALLY please....

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of Jay Paff
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:43 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Man, I love JDEList....

Alright, alright, a little career consoling is in order. You work to live, you don't live to work. Being from Wisconsin, I work for cheese and beer an d to occasionally see the Packers smoke da Bears. You know, simple joys. Re member, whoever makes it to retirement...wins.

E1 XE SP23-F1, i550 V5R3, WebSphere 5.0.2.3 (Intel), Citrix, CNC

Rooting for them this weekend however... Go Packers!!!

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of Jay Paff
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:43 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Man, I love JDEList....

Alright, alright, a little career consoling is in order. You work to live, you don't live to work. Being from Wisconsin, I work for cheese and beer an d to occasionally see the Packers smoke da Bears. You know, simple joys. Re member, whoever makes it to retirement...wins.

E1 XE SP23-F1, i550 V5R3, WebSphere 5.0.2.3 (Intel), Citrix, CNC

Re: RE: Man, I love JDEList....

I think all us Packer fans appreciate your support! I suspect we may need all the help we can get.

Go Gump!

What no one likes the Giants??? GO BIG BLUE!

An interesting group of terms have been used in this thread, that, taken in the context of an international ERP - JDE - discussion forum, could be a little confusing
smile.gif
confused.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
. Here are some possible explanations for these unusual terms:

Packers
1) Possibly related to the manufacturing module, may be a new business function for packing slips.
grin.gif

2) An Australian family with a variety of business interests, focusing on gambling. Possibly some of these business interests use JDE.
grin.gif

Packer fans
1) Possibly related to the manufacturing module, may be new functionality for accounting for environmental costs (eg cooling) incurred in providing a reasonable working environment for warehouse workers.
grin.gif

Bears
1) In the context of "the Packers smoke da Bears", possibly referring to the accounting processes for refocussing fur trade companies business from fur trade to warehousing services.
grin.gif

Giants
1) Possibly a Ground Infantry battalion of an army of ants - nothing what so ever to do with an international ERP - JDE - discussion forum.
grin.gif

2) Possibly related to the manufacturing module, may be new functionality for accounting for the manufacture of clothing for the larger sizes.
grin.gif

Big Blue
1) IBM.
grin.gif

I manufactured some of this ever so elusive "free" time (sorry, one-off - don't know how I did it, can't do it again) so that I could take part in this divergence from the daily grind. Thankyou for your tolerance of my eccentricities
blush.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Like you I also look at the non-World forums and it always reinforces my belief that when our company moves to the OneWorld platform...I'll be changing jobs...LOL

Terry

Back